Thread: Belt alignment

Spyder Garage

Default Belt alignment

Hey all,
    Looking for some information on belt alignment for my 2018 F3S. The dealer has attempted and failed, after replacing my rear tire it’s moved all the way to the left on the rear sprocket. I’m familiar with the axle locking nuts but for the life of me can’t seem to find the actual adjustment screw.... anyone have some pictures or a link to a pictorial step-by-step tutorial on how to set the alignment?
    As always, thanks in advance...
    2018 F3S , Black

Spyder Garage

Hey, you've a Spyder that's still under warranty. Tell the dealership to open a case with BRP and solve the problem; that's their job.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

even though the belt is to the outside of the sprocket it does not mean your wheel is not in line try this with bike off release the brake kneel down push on belt while rolling bike to get belt where you like it you will need to role it some distance to also more it on the front sprocket then take for a ride and see if it stayed

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by frj322 View Post
    Hey all,
    Looking for some information on belt alignment for my 2018 F3S. The dealer has attempted and failed, after replacing my rear tire it’s moved all the way to the left on the rear sprocket. I’m familiar with the axle locking nuts but for the life of me can’t seem to find the actual adjustment screw.... anyone have some pictures or a link to a pictorial step-by-step tutorial on how to set the alignment?
    As always, thanks in advance...
    Not sure but think they are all the same, I used this video to do my RT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_Ewxr7qwqo
    To be continued....

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the video link Chasinsparks, I’ll check it out. I did find the adjuster screws after work today. I was looking for something where the locknut is... should have known better. JayBros I would take it back to the dealer... yes it is under warranty BUT it’s an 80 mile round trip AND they couldn’t get it right the first time after replacing the rear tire AND they kept it for 3 weeks last time to replace the tire and the kill switch on the right side bar. I’m not willing to lose a bunch of riding time. I’m a 30 year ASE master tech, I believe I can get this done in about 15 minutes, just needed a little help locating the adjuster screws.
    2018 F3S , Black

Spyder Garage

Time to find a new shop!!!!!!! Good Luck
    2012 RTL , Pearl