Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Realtor View Post
    Time in the saddle.... time, time, time. miles, miles, miles
    Haven't been on for awhile. Thanks, Realtor, and all who responded to my thread. I just want to reiterate that my "problem" was just the FEELING of the G forces we encounter when we go into a turn. I've done all the steps, and FOR ME, when I go into a turn, I pull the inside bar, inside knee against tank & lean upper bod inside. Y'all know what I mean.
    Had a great time at Maggie Rally. Met some great folk & even took Regina & friendsfor a cruise up to Waterrock Knob. She was following and said I was good in the turns, so I guess I'm getting there.
    The Blue Beast sleeps now, covered and warm in basement garage. Happy Holidays to all & ride safe-Al

Spyder Garage

I had the same issue until I put on Rons sway bar, it made all the difference in the world.

Spyder Garage

I have 6000 miles on mine and I am still not totally comfortable in curves, or should I say, I think taking curves on a two-wheel is easier and more fun than on a Spyder. I just take it for what it is. It doesn't bother me per se. I just take it easier. But I kind of miss taking curves on a two-wheel. That said, I feel safe on a Spyder whereas I didn't have that feeling at the end on my BMW.

Good luck.

J
    2018 F3 Limited black, dark

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jbim View Post
    I think taking curves on a two-wheel is easier and more fun than on a Spyder.
    It may surprise you, but even after nearly 60,000 miles on a Spyder I will say I agree with you on the easier part. Why? Because of the gyroscopic effect of the front wheel on a two wheeler. I argue that for every curve there is a "sweet spot" of lean, speed, and radius of the curve where the bike will go around the curve with no steering input at all from the rider. Compare that to the Spyder where there is no gyroscopic effect on steering which means you actively steer the Spyder all the way through the curve. I choose to look at it as one type of "cornering thrill" being replaced by a different, but equally enjoyable, "cornering thrill".

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Am pleasantly surprised this thread I started is still pulling comments. My initial post was to see if I could somehow cancel the "feeling" of the sideways g-force we experience when we corner. 50 years on two wheels, and must admit I never felt those foces before. Now I realize we will never fully cancel that "feeling" but with proper technique we can reduce it somewhat.
    The Beast is asleep now, but I know when spring comes and we're out there again, the first few curves will be a relearning process, at least for me. Can't wait.
    Once again, thanks to all who chimed in to help me out. Happy Holidays to all-Al

Spyder Garage

Quartermain,
    I am by no means an expert at best a beginner on the Spyder with about 5,000 miles in the saddle. I too struggled with highway curves. The first thing I found to help with the gravity sensation was to pull leg in to the body of the trike, L turn L leg, R turn R leg and lean the way turning. Reducing power before entering turn and then accelerating out of the turn helped but I didn't like slowing down. The technique I have found best for me is I keep my arms and hands relax and let the Spyder read the road. Usually the Spyder will go around the curve without any steering input, however, if the Spyder doesn't pick up the turn fully slight steering imputs are used. This is at the posted speed limit. I like speed but I have not pushed the Spyder except for in a straight line. Relax, breath, and I make it around the turn. The only thing I miss is hearing the floorboard drag.Safe riding, Fred