Spyder Garage

Default MP3 player in rear case

The problem my wife has with the MP3 player in the rear of her 2014 RT Limited is that every time she needs to do something with it, she has to stop and get off the bike and go back and mess with the player.
    Maybe there is a way of controlling it through the bike that she doesn't know about, but she would like to have it wired up to the cubby in front of the seat.
    Is that possible?
    Any suggestions would be helpful.
    Last edited by Flyboyron; 09-30-2019 at 09:26 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Get a ipod player.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Flyboyron View Post
    The problem my wife has with the MP3 player in the rear of her 2014 RT Limited is that every time she needs to do something with it, she has to stop and get off the bike and go back and mess with the player.
    Maybe there is a way of controlling it through the bike that she doesn't know about, but she would like to have it wired up to the cubby in front of the seat.
    Is that possible?
    I installed the Bluetooth dongle in the trunk of my 2014 RT. limited, then took my old I pod loaded it with music plugged it into the bike. I can now control the functions of the I pod from the left handlebar.
    2023 F3 Limited , Blue Metallic

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Is that possible?
    There have been a number of posts wherein folks have routed their various electronics to the 'glovebox'. Yes, that is do-able but you may have to pull the panels off your bike to do it.

I had the same issue as your wife, so bought a used iPod for the trunk; the system senses it and displays on the dashboard with arrows indicating which buttons to push on the left handlebar control to accomplish which task.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Is that possible?
    Take a look at my Albums - I posted pics of what I did, for my Sirius XM ….. however it also applies to an MP-3 player because that's what I used before the Sirius XM …… read the captions under the enlarged pics …… Mike