Spyder Garage

Default New buyer ?new rider?

Took a can am 2018 RT Ltd for test ride on Blue Ride Parkway. Hands, legs really hurt real bad.Had to stop several time to let the pain go away.I had fun raiding the Spyder. Iam ready to buy but afraid to. Because of the pain I had.I have a Harley Road glad 2015 . HELP

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Give the F3 Limited a try. It has a totally different riding position and it might be better for you. It will take some getting used to, but if you are having that much pain, that isn't the bike for you. Good luck with your decision.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Spyder Garage

How was your grip on the bars? I have never had a problem with hand pain and at speed limit on BRP can almost fall asleep as Spyder virtually drives itself.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

You don't mention what kind of pain? If hand pain, maybe to tight of a grip. We call it the death grip. Very common with new riders. Suggestion about the F3 (more adjustable for riding positions) may also be an answer.

I will copy/paste a link you may find helpful.

https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...-Spyder-owners

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Hello was the bike adjustment done for you? Many things can be done since you have ridden.

Spyder Garage

Default No help.....

From what you have posted you don't need help.... you need to relax.. As strange as it may be you are hanging on for dear life and it will cause you pain. Once you find you will not be thrown off nor will you be steered off the road you will enjoy the ryde...

Read this: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...-Spyder-owners
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    From what you have posted you don't need help.... you need to relax.. As strange as it may be you are hanging on for dear life and it will cause you pain. Once you find you will not be thrown off nor will you be steered off the road you will enjoy the ryde...

Read this: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...-Spyder-owners
    ………. what you experienced is not un-common for the vast majority of " first time Spyder riders ". The apprehension of the " driving FEEL " can cause your muscles to tense up and will fatigue you fairly quickly …. The new riders who seem to have the least amount of similar issues are the folks who have little or no two wheel riding experience …. Try and relax and things will get better ….. after 50 plus years of Two wheel riding the best advice I got was " just drive it like your car " …. I had little to none transition time ….. good luck …. Mike