Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stebrock View Post
    Since we're talking tires any new recommendations for the front?
    Try the Continentals Contiprocontacts Size: 165/60 R 15

I have a 2014 RTS-SE6 and I am running the above on the fronts. I haven't had any problems. These were installed in 2016.

Mileage on the spyder when the tires were installed 12,807. Now mileage on the my spyder is 26,483.

Mileage on tires is: 13,676. They still look new.

Deanna

Current Spyder - 2023 F3 LTD Special Mineral Blue

Red LED NANO Saddlebag Marker Lights with Full Illumination
    Sequential Fender LED'S (Amber/Red) with Safety Reflector
    Dual Power Plate (12 V & USB ports)
    Gremlin Bell
    Rear Trunk Organizer (4 holders, 2 Elastic Holders)
    Lamonster "Top Cuff" with adjustable drink Holder
    SpyderPops Missing Guard Belt
    Console Accent Trim (Carbon Fiber Domed Black)
    Ultimate F3 Floorboards
    Front Fairing Service Access Door Covers (Carbon Fiber Doomed Black)
    Sway Bar with Links
    Rolo Laser Alignment
    Half Cover
    A-Arm Daytime Dual Color LED Running Lights with Blinker Module
    Hi-Viz DRL and Sequential Mirrors lights

Former Spyder - 2014 RTS SE6 Cognac SOLD

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Dear P.R.P. , I think you may have missed your true calling ….. have you considered becoming a Tire Engineer …. possibly working for a Major Race team ?????? …..
    Oh, thank you, nice comment.

Your tire heat cycle = emanate tire destruction, is possibly the most incredible thing You have posted.....
    You must be confusing me with someone else, I didn't say that.

I'm not going to argue with you, for obvious reasons.
    Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
    Rule#1: Refer to rule #2.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Aawen View Post
    Errm, which tire, Darrell?
    Peter--It's a 225 width--might be hard on the front fenders :-)))
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wildrice View Post
    Peter--It's a 225 width--might be hard on the front fenders :-)))
    A simple disconnect, Darrell. The OP started this thread about rear tyres, then front tyres were introduced, so now there is confusion about whether fronts or rears are being referenced, especially when a 225 is mentioned

Pete
    Harrington, Australia

2021 RT Limited
    Setup for Tall & Big.... 200cm/6'7", 140kg/300lbs, 37"inleg.

HeliBars Handlebars
    Brake rubber removed to lower pedal for easier long leg/Size 15 EEEEW boot access.
    Ikon (Aussie) shocks all round.
    Russell Daylong seat 2” taller than stock (in Sunbrella for Aussie heat & water resistance)
    Goodyear Duragrip 165/60 fronts (18psi) - provides extra 1/2” ground clearance.
    Kenda Kanine rear.
    2021 RT Limited , Brake pedal rubber removed for ease of accessing pedal with size 15 boots. Red

Spyder Garage

I'm getting ready to put a Kumho on the rear of my 2012 Rt. what pressure do you run in yours? Thanks
    2012 RT SM5 , Silver

Spyder Garage

TexO, we ran Kumhos on the 2011 RT and later RTs and kept close to the 28 psi, but have since reduced pressure slightly-- they still roll & wear good and even for the most part.

Now we're running General Altimaxs on the F3T and 15 RT at 24 and 25 psi and happy as long as we keep 40 psi plus in the air bags. Start at 28 or less and try several pressures to see if one is better than another for you.... here is what I have today since temps are falling going into the winter ride season. IMG_0491[1].jpg
    07 Shadows, Aero, Spirit gone but not forgotten
    03 Harley Sportster, 07 RK moved on
    11 RT- 76,000 mi, 15 RT-S- 44,000 mi, traded for current 15 base RT and 16 F3T
    2015 RT , OEM Black Gloss

Spyder Garage

My dealer sells Kenda. Since I don't have the know how or the equipment to mount and balance the rear tire, that's where I went. I don't trust any other tire place to have the knowledge to change the tire on a Can Am Spyder. And! More importantly, I support my local dealer when I can to help him stay in business. The Kenda is designed for the Spyder. It is round, made of rubber and has tread. Works for me. But then, I'm 65 and ride like an old man.
    John F.
    Tallahassee, FL

2015 Spyder F3 SE6, black
    BRP Driver/passenger Footboards
    BRP Adjustable Passenger Backrest
    Blue Ridge Windshield
    MRA X-Creen Tour, clear, clamp-on
    H4 LED Headlights
    F3 LED Fog Light Kit, LED Amber Halo Ring Kit, LED Tail Lights, F3 Rear run/brake/turn LEDs
    Easy Brackets
    Leatherworks, Inc. 120 Special Slight Angle Saddlebags
    Custom Dynamics Front Mud Flap LED lights, Street Magic Front Fender Tips, Double Feature Lens
    2-up rear shock
    Idler pulley kit

Spyder Garage

Originally I had a 2011 RT that we rode and I was wearing out the rear tires pretty fast. We were coming back from Spyderfest in the rain the first year or so that we had it and we just zoomed along with no problems hydroplaning. Then we decided to do more traveling and purchased the matching RT-622 trailer. Riding a lot of miles I decided to change the rear tire to the Michelin Hydro Edge. It wore like iron. I try not to ride in the rain but we were on our way to Yellowstone and got caught in a huge storm that seemed like it lasted for hours. We hydroplaned everytime I tried to go above 50 miles an hour. It scares the Sh*t out of you. Everyone said to adjust the air pressure. I tried less air more air it just didn't seem to make a difference. Recently I traded the 2011 RT and trailer in on a 2018 F3 Limited. Really love it. I won't be riding this one as many miles because the plan is to take it with us traveling full time in a motorhome. I probably will go back with the stock tire from now on because that hydroplaning is just more then I can handle and also I won't wear them out as fast on this bike. Just food for thought.

Current: 2018 F3 Limited
    Previous: 2011 RT with 622 Trailer

Mods:
    F4 Customs 25" Windshield
    F4 Customs Air Wings
    Spyderpops Top Case/Seat Extender
    TackForm Phone Mount
    Lamonster Ram Ball Handlebar Mount
    Show Chrome Passenger Armrests

Spyder Garage

Adding a trail make a big difference. Don't blame the tires.
    Can Am 2013 RTL SE5

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by lyonsden View Post
    Originally I had a 2011 RT that we rode and I was wearing out the rear tires pretty fast. We were coming back from Spyderfest in the rain the first year or so that we had it and we just zoomed along with no problems hydroplaning. Then we decided to do more traveling and purchased the matching RT-622 trailer. Riding a lot of miles I decided to change the rear tire to the Michelin Hydro Edge. It wore like iron. I try not to ride in the rain but we were on our way to Yellowstone and got caught in a huge storm that seemed like it lasted for hours. We hydroplaned everytime I tried to go above 50 miles an hour. It scares the Sh*t out of you. Everyone said to adjust the air pressure. I tried less air more air it just didn't seem to make a difference. Recently I traded the 2011 RT and trailer in on a 2018 F3 Limited. Really love it. I won't be riding this one as many miles because the plan is to take it with us traveling full time in a motorhome. I probably will go back with the stock tire from now on because that hydroplaning is just more then I can handle and also I won't wear them out as fast on this bike. Just food for thought.
    Yum Yum - concerning the Micheline Hydro-Edge, The one I had lasted 40,000 mi., the last 4,000 or so had less Wet road traction …. IMHO it was the best wet traction tire I have ever used ( at 16 psi )….. ride safe - ride happy ….. Mike

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Reacher68 View Post
    Before I start - Yes, I did a search. Yes, I read lots of threads. I ended up more confused than when I started.

I have a 2016 F3-T and I ride with a mix of 1 and 2 up.

I have heard bad things about the Kumho Ecsta AST. That people don't think they are very good, but my dealer has them in 225-50-15.
    Robert
    I have this tire and love it. Don't know how it got a bad RAP SHEET. Nice burn out patch. Never had a problem in rain. Corners great!
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey