Thread: Uneven wear

Spyder Garage

Default Uneven wear

My rear tire is wearing more on the RH side of the rear tire, is there an adjustment I can do or should I take it back to the dealer and let them fix it considering they put the tire on ? Thanks
    2013 RED RT-S SE-5. Nothing special, but it's mine. I call it El Diablo Rojo
    US ARMY Combat Engineer. Sapper Strike!

Spyder Garage

Any adjustment has to center on the drive belt. If your drive belt is running true, then you have something else going on.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Do you have an Arachnid from Vee Rubber on it? If so, that is how they wear, they are junk.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Do you have an Arachnid from Vee Rubber on it? If so, that is how they wear, they are junk.
    Really! What would cause a rear tire to wear on one side or the other if everything else is right, I wonder. Kenda's wear in the middle because they are junk. Bit there is a logical explanation for that.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2013REDRTS View Post
    My rear tire is wearing more on the RH side of the rear tire, is there an adjustment I can do or should I take it back to the dealer and let them fix it considering they put the tire on ? Thanks
    How many miles have you put on the tire, what kind of tire is it, what pressure do you have in it, is your drive belt running on the rear sprocket correctly. If it's a brand new tire, then return to the dealer. If it just has unusual wear after 10K miles or so, then something is wacked, possibly the tire. Start by checking the position of the drive belt like Ron mentioned. I wouldn't think a tire would only wear on one side unless you have a broken belt in it...but then I would think it would shake you right off the bike....?
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Yes I have a V rubber tire on it, got **** mileage out of factory so tried something different. The V rubber was made for 2 up riding which is how I ride most of the time. Tire pressure stays around 28psi. I have about 4k on the tire. I took it back to the dealer and had them look at it Friday morning. They said everything is in spec. They moved the belt to make it track different so we will see. Thanks for the answers.
    2013 RED RT-S SE-5. Nothing special, but it's mine. I call it El Diablo Rojo
    US ARMY Combat Engineer. Sapper Strike!

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2013REDRTS View Post
    Yes I have a V rubber tire on it, got **** mileage out of factory so tried something different. The V rubber was made for 2 up riding which is how I ride most of the time. Tire pressure stays around 28psi. I have about 4k on the tire. I took it back to the dealer and had them look at it Friday morning. They said everything is in spec. They moved the belt to make it track different so we will see. Thanks for the answers.
    Do yourself a favor and get rid of the tire. I’d rather run a Kenda than an Arachnid.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

And I'd rather spend an afternoon pulling all my own teeth than ever fit another Kenda to anything short of my worst enemy's wheel-barrow!

If you copy rubbish, you'll only get 'better' rubbish!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!