Spyder Garage

Default "Rampage" Power Lift System for the Spyder

In the early stage of looking into this set up. Anyone here have this? Thoughts? It mounts in the bed of a pick up truck. Lifts the Spyder up into the bed of the truck. Not cheap money wise. Got rid of the trailer because of space problem. Would also need a truck that can handle it. Researching that also. Tom

http://rampagelift.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQ...4aAjJmEALw_wcB
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

2020 Petrol Blue Metallic RTL

Spyder Garage

Default Been around...

It has popped up here before though I have not seen a review on it may be no one has gotten one as of yet. Don't know if it is easy to install and remove if you use your pickup for other things... but is a very nice rig....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    In the early stage of looking into this set up. Anyone here have this? Thoughts? It mounts in the bed of a pick up truck. Lifts the Spyder up into the bed of the truck. Not cheap money wise. Got rid of the trailer because of space problem. Would also need a truck that can handle it. Researching that also. Tom

http://rampagelift.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQ...4aAjJmEALw_wcB
    Robhowen has one. He seems pleased with it.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Chupaca View Post
    It has popped up here before though I have not seen a review on it may be no one has gotten one as of yet. Don't know if it is easy to install and remove if you use your pickup for other things... but is a very nice rig....
    Supposedly 15-20 minutes to remove, or reinstall. Tom
    Baloo is my name. Spyders are my game. Well, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, yes, it's a doo-bah-dee-doo, I mean a doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee, doo-bee-dee-doo. And, well, now. Ha ha! What have we here?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I have one that I used for my Harley. Haven't got the conversion kit yet for the spyder. It is a slick and easy setup to operate however it is expensive it is very very heavy. Not necessarily something an older fellow would want to take in and out of the bed of a truck. I use my tractor to move it around because I can't physically lift it anymore. I'd sell it to you for 1/2 price if you wanted it, but shipping to Florida would be a killer on the pocket book.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    I have one that I used for my Harley. Haven't got the conversion kit yet for the spyder. It is a slick and easy setup to operate however it is expensive it is very very heavy. Not necessarily something an older fellow would want to take in and out of the bed of a truck. I use my tractor to move it around because I can't physically lift it anymore. I'd sell it to you for 1/2 price if you wanted it, but shipping to Florida would be a killer on the pocket book.
    It's over 400lbs.. So yes shipping would be killer. They have a special right now. Free shipping, no sales tax. Tempting, just not ready to pull the trigger yet. Also have not decided on a truck yet. Thanks, for the offer. Tom

Spyder Garage

There's been discussion before about the Spdyer facing backwards. You may have to remove the windshield if you go fast.
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

Spyder Garage

The lift looks great, however I would be concerned with the impact wind would have on the Spyder windshield.
    2012 RT-S and 2013 STL

Spyder Garage

Why would it be facing backwards drive on facing forwards no windshield issues

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RudyB View Post
    Look at the picture on their website. The Spyder faces backwards because of the wheel wells in the pickup truck.
    2011 RTS (Sold to a very nice lady)
    1998 Honda Valkyrie
    2006 Mustang GT. Varooooom!
    US Navy Veteran
    SC Law Enforcement Boat Captain
    CNC Machine Service Technician
    President: Rolling Thunder SC1
    Member: Disabled American Veterans, Rock Hill, SC
    Member: American Legion
    Experience is recognizing the same mistake every time you make it!

Spyder Garage

The windshield would have to be taken off for sure. Tom

Spyder Garage

I can see the total benefit of using it for a two wheeler but with a Spyder the preponderance of the weight is aft of the truck rear axle. Yeah, you're dealing with only a half ton or so and for short trips probably not too bad but on long hauls? And the weight of the device itself is no laughing matter.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RudyB View Post
    This is an Amerideck, but same concept

Spyder on Amerideck.jpg

From Rob Owen Pete Nixon. best to watch this youtube intro and video I did. https://youtu.be/4tk82X5MYXw
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    I can see the total benefit of using it for a two wheeler but with a Spyder the preponderance of the weight is aft of the truck rear axle. Yeah, you're dealing with only a half ton or so and for short trips probably not too bad but on long hauls? And the weight of the device itself in no laughing matter.
    Not so. See above
    2014 RTL Platinum

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Supposedly 15-20 minutes to remove, or reinstall. Tom
    Yes I suppose that it could be done in that amount of time …… If you had a winch on the ceiling of your garage ….. and if it's not in the truck bed - where are you going to store the Rampage ….. just some thoughts …. good luck …. Mike

Spyder Garage

Mike just into the planning stages. I would put it in the garage. Wife is giving me mixed vibes. She likes the idea. Butt, when she listened to the prices I'm coming up with. That, and she doesn't want to get rid of the Volvo we have now. We had to get rid of the trailer because of HOA rules. Storage lot wanted $105/mo. to park it there. This might wind up being a pipe dream. Tom

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    Not so. See above
    Yes, Pete, but you're talking about two different systems. The Rampage does not load the Spyder into the truck as far as the Amerideck because of the wheel wells. The Amerideck is in a dualie too that doesn't have wheel wells extending into the bed.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's over 400lbs.. So yes shipping would be killer. They have a special right now. Free shipping, no sales tax. Tempting, just not ready to pull the trigger yet. Also have not decided on a truck yet. Thanks, for the offer. Tom
    Here's a possible solution. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Foldable-Go...4383.l4275.c10

Spyder Garage

Default anyone tried the Rampage Power Lift Motorcycle Ramp?

Has anyone had any experience with the Rampage Power lift motorcycle ramp. The one that lifts and hauls a Spyder in the back of a pickup truck.
    I'm considering getting one but would be interested in hearing from some people that have owned them.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-14-2023 at 10:28 PM. Reason: Expanded title & text to briefly ask the question... ;-)

Spyder Garage

Also interested.
    Skip H.
    '21 Can Am Spyder F3 S
    '97 Honda Goldwing w/Hannigan Astro 2+2 sidecar

[img]

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What do you wish to know? I own one and have used it several times to transport my Harley. However, I don't have the spyder adapter for it.