Spyder Garage

Default Need advice re Helmet lock for 2018 RT LTD?

Looking for some advice i know there is a helmet lock under the seat bubut my helmet strap is not long enough to latch the helmet strap and push down the seat to lock it. Please help.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 01-10-2020 at 08:59 PM.
    2018 RT , Gray

Spyder Garage

I use loops of paracord to hang my helmets there. Not really a secure solution, but at least it gives me a place to put them.
    2018 RT , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

You can easily make a double looped, you could also call them eyes vice loops, plastic covered steel cable of sufficient length, I made one about 5" long finished. Lowe's or Home Depot will have everything you need. I run the cable through both D-rings of the helmet and hook both loops/eyes on the under seat lock tang.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

I added Lidlox. Works great.
    https://lidlox.com/
    2017 RTS
    2017 RT-S , Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Go to Amazon and search for Helmet Lock. You can lock one or two helmets to the passenger hand rails with a variety of cable locks. Oh and BRP make a locking helmet bag that not only locks the helmet but keeps it dry.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

Maybe just the T ADB76D96-5AF8-4A6C-93FD-EA0FE44AA8B2.jpghelmet extension they have a fewhttps://lidlox.com/t/miscellaneous

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

This has come up before, and somone had mentioned using dog choke chain. I got myself to Wallyworld and picked up a medium collar. I cut it to 7 links, which worked best for me, but you may need a different length depening on the chain you get. I put a keyring split ring too big to fit through the helmet D-ring on one end, pulled the chain through some 1/4"ID tubing - some strong string and heat to soften the tubing helped here - and put a split ring just small enough to go through the helmet D-ring on the other end. The plastic tube protects the bodywork, and on our helmets there is a pad under the strap that also protects the tupperware. If I need a bit more helmet protection, I put the lid in a helmet bag, and run the D-ring through the slot on the botton most of the helmet bags have. I can even lock the zippers together with some small luggage locks for even more security.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited, 2013 Triumph Bonneville T100
    Motorcycle Rights: AMA Charter Life Member, MRF, FORR Life Member Local 11 Southwest Missouri, Mid-South MILE organizing committee member
    2018 RT Limited , Got one, on, then off then on until Gloria decides if she likes it or not. blue

Very Active Member SpyderConvert's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Most police stations will give you a lock for pistols absolutely free! There was an article about this on this forum not too long ago and it appeared to be the solution that I was looking for (I do have lidlox installed on the ends of my handlebars, but did not like the fact that the helmet hung upside down and if you wanted to "lock" the front end, it was almost impossible to use lidlox for two full face helmets). I had one of those pistol locks and simply covered the steel cable with some plastic tubing that I had in the garage. Works great and allows you to lock your helmet(s) to the passenger hand grip.
    2015 RTL, BajaRon Swaybar, LaMonster LED Headlights and Foglights, LaMonster Spydercuff, LaMonster LED mirror wrap, Magic Mirrors, HMT Brake Light
    2015 RT Ltd. , $" extension Black