Spyder Garage

Default ride on tire sealant.

hi what has been anyones experience with using this product. also if you have, how has it worked in cold weather when starting out. i am considering using this for the puncture insurance.

Spyder Garage

No real cold weather experience, but I never have worse balance issues. Tire guys hate the mess. My go to tire shop stopped using it years ago because too many customers got small punctures the Ride-On wouldn't seal. He sold me on Counteract balancing beads - not as abrasive as Dyna Beads. I have absolutely no complaints about them.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rugercharger View Post
    hi what has been anyones experience with using this product. also if you have, how has it worked in cold weather when starting out. i am considering using this for the puncture insurance.
    I believe LaMont used to recommend it ….. then He discovered it wasn't as good as He thought ….. now He uses a different brand ….. check His Vendor page …… Mike

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Tire Sealants

My go to Tire Shop.... 'Please don't use the SEALANTS'....Why? It's a real issue for his equipment.....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

RideOn stays in the center of the tire so it’s not really a mess for the changers. The balancing it does works great as long as you follow the doseage recommendations. Never had a puncture with it so can’t talk about that part. I’d check the RideOn Website, lot’s of information.
    2016 F3L , Big Bike Parts Black

Spyder Garage

Nitrogen filled tires recommended by the Dealer's Service Manager. Comments?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JO2L View Post
    Nitrogen filled tires recommended by the Dealer's Service Manager. Comments?

Unless you're competing and looking for the last pfoofteenth of a seconds worth of advantage, then even if you only hafta pay 1 cent per tire for the nitrogen, there just isn't that much benefit to be had from it!!

Besides, if you pump your tires up with plain old 'air' straight from the atmosphere, you're putting about 78% nitrogen in there anyway!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Default Tire sealant

Tried one of the vendors sealants, and found I had a small leak in the front tire. Had the sealant in it and still a very slow leak. I check the tires every time I ryde. Took it to a tire shop to have it checked and they said it had sealant in it could not find the hole. End of story, had to purchase two new front tires, only after 5600 miles on each. Had my rear tire changed this year at Spyderquest and they commented that it had sealant, told them I forgot. Does not seem to do the job it was meant to do.
    2011 RT-S SE5 Viper Red
    2014 RT-S SE6 Cognac
    Bajaron sway bar w/ aluminum heims
    Custom Design HM Brake light
    Custom Design Red front fender lights with turn signals
    Lidlox
    Corbin arm rests
    2014 RTS SE6 , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rugercharger View Post
    I've used Slime in my ATV's, but quite frankly I have never used it in my on road vehicles and don't think I ever will, and I also question the effectiveness of any product that claims to seal and balance a tire. In any event I have tire plugs to fix punctures on the car and truck, and I carry a small inflator and plug kit on the Spyder similar to the one below.
    oxford_co2_tire_repair_kit_750x750.jpg

Interesting and informative video of Slime being tested.
    2018 F3 Limited , Black/Chrome

Spyder Garage

I use(d) Ride On sealant in all my motorcycles for the past 10 years. I started after reading an article from the late Larry Grodsky in Rider magazine. That said, I can't comment on flat effectiveness as I never had a puncture. I also have never had any balancing issues or tire issues of any kind. As stated above, the sealant stays in tread area and doesn't create a mess when changing. At some point, I'll likely add some to the Spyder tires, but for now, I carry a mini compressor/tire plugs when on trips.
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/Hyper-Tou...ator/896468828
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

I use Ride-On. I like it. It really doesn't make a mess and it clings to the tread area of the tire. It does a good job of balancing the tire. My tire guy doesn't mind it when changing tires. The sealant never gets anywhere near the bead of the tire where a tire machine works. It would be a bit of a pain for applying an inside patch. But if you're using a plug design, then it wouldn't make any difference.

I use the car version in my Spyder. Ride-On used to recommend the car version for the Spyder. Made sense because the Spyder uses car tires. Now Ride-On recommends the motorcycle version in the Spyder. Tried it. Didn't work nearly as well for balancing. Went back to the car version. It's less expensive as well.

When it sits for a few weeks it may take a few miles for the Ride-On to re-balance the tire. So you get a mild thump for a few miles. But not a big deal.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Default Curious...🤔

This has come up many times with the same results. The second most asked in this area is what to carry for the chance of a flat on your spyder. I carry a mushroom plug kit and have never used it on the spyder. Would be interesting to see how many have had flats on the road. Sealants are a hit and miss as to the effectiveness as they were originally produced for off road vehicles. In my experience with flats in ATV's, motorcycles and such the ATV's were the one with the most and then motorcycles (2 wheelers) were next. Have not had one on my spyder nor anyone I have ryden with but sure some have. Only sealant/filler I have suggested is the Fix-a-flat type
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    I use Ride-On. I like it. It really doesn't make a mess and it clings to the tread area of the tire. It does a good job of balancing the tire. My tire guy doesn't mind it when changing tires. The sealant never gets anywhere near the bead of the tire where a tire machine works. It would be a bit of a pain for applying an inside patch. But if you're using a plug design, then it wouldn't make any difference.

I use the car version in my Spyder. Ride-On used to recommend the car version for the Spyder. Made sense because the Spyder uses car tires. Now Ride-On recommends the motorcycle version in the Spyder. Tried it. Didn't work nearly as well for balancing. Went back to the car version. It's less expensive as well.

When it sits for a few weeks it may take a few miles for the Ride-On to re-balance the tire. So you get a mild thump for a few miles. But not a big deal.
    This has been my experience as well, I have used ride on in 4 sets of tires with no ill effects.
    As for cold weather areas my Michigan experience was that it took a few more miles for the balancing to take effect.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by timeless View Post
    This has been my experience as well, I have used ride on in 4 sets of tires with no ill effects.
    As for cold weather areas my Michigan experience was that it took a few more miles for the balancing to take effect.
    I've used "Ride On", not other sealants, on several bikes and never had a problem, issue, or complaints from tire changers. Ride On doesn't seam to mess with their tire machines like other sealants do. That has been my experience......

O. J.
    Ridin' "Lucille", the MusicMaker
    a 2017 F3 Limited (Pure Magnesium Metallic)
    Wife, Jan, riding "Ruby Jane"
    a 2016 F3-T (Intense Red Pearl)
    2017 F3-Limited , Magnesium (light grey)

Spyder Garage

I’m using it in two motorcycles and a utility trailer. I think I will put it into my Spyder F3-S.

All of my motorcycle flats have been on the rear tires. Is that the same on these Can-Ams?
    - Scott

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Like the several comments that those riders that use present day Ride On and have positive comments. I too have used the product for years, it gives me peace of mind in balance of the tire, and as much protection from a flat as possible. Go to the web site and read about it, then decide if you want to spend a few bucks. Reading about opinions on the forum, it's all over the place, it's an individual judgement call. Try it one time, you don't like it and don't think it's worked for you, then never use it again.
    By the way, I don't have any interest in Ride On, just the experience.

Spyder Garage

Used it for years.will not ride without it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Agree with Baja Ron

Spyder Garage

In spite of what I posted above, I am re-thinking using Ride-On in my Spyder's tires, since I'm dealing with car type tires and not motorcycle ones. Thanks to those who have posted positive comments, it doesn't hurt to try again.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome