Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Hawk View Post
    I got a call from the loan officer. She was on vacation for two weeks. She said the dealership screwed up and applied for Wisconsin plates. Now she has to straighten that mess out. The bank wants the title, that is there main driving force. She hopes it will all be fixed in ten business days (Yeah, we shall see). She said they often have trouble with dealerships who have already been paid.
    Be positive.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I got a call from the loan officer. She was on vacation for two weeks. She said the dealership screwed up and applied for Wisconsin plates. Now she has to straighten that mess out. The bank wants the title, that is there main driving force. She hopes it will all be fixed in ten business days (Yeah, we shall see). She said they often have trouble with dealerships who have already been paid.
    Well, that's good news (of a sort). At least the bank is acknowledging there's a problem and they need to get it fixed.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Yes, hopefully it will work out OK. Season is just about over. Good thing I have my Ryker.
    2019 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    Be positive.
    2019 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

I still have not gotten my plate. Do I have any legal recourse or am I just at their mercy? The loan officer ignores my calls.
    2019 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

If it has been a reasonable amount of time and they will not produce your paperwork so you can register the vehicle and get a tag for it, then something is wrong with that deal. If you fulfilled your part of the bargain and they did not, then it might be time to start proceedings to stop the deal and have them return anything you have spent on it. If they can't produce the paperwork in a month or more, they don't have a clear title. I would be getting out of there and giving them the vehicle back. I would also file to have them pay my attorney's fees. You might not recover everything you spent, but that would be better than having the title held up for who knows how long. The public defender might be able to help you or give you some advice. Don't bother with phoning them, if they refuse to take the calls. Write them a letter and send it return receipt requested.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

What kind of attorney would handle a case like this?
    2019 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

What kind of attorney would handle a case like this?
    Not real sure, probably one that handles commercial civil litigation.

Hopefully just a letter or call from a lawyer will take care of the problem. They might keep putting you off, but if they think it is gonna cost them, they will probably do what they should have done to start with. If the title has a lien on it, they are not gonna want to go to court with something like that. Nobody knows why they putting you off, but there must be some kind of problem with the title.

https://www.hg.org/law-firms/civil-l...s/chicago.html

I can't give you any legal advise. That is what you use an attorney for. They should know how to get the ball rolling.

Spyder Garage

OK, thanks for your help.
    2019 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Default Update on the elusive license plate

Well, I finally did get it about two weeks ago. I bought the bike in August or September, I forget. I went over the head of the loan officer and spoke to a supervisor. She put me on hold and when she came back *Poof* my paperwork was submitted to Illinois...'last week'. Illinois was surprisingly fast considering their license plate system is not computerized. So all in all, the dealership sat on it for weeks, then mistakenly sent the request to Wisconsin. Then the bank sat on it for a month and a half. If it where not for my complaint I would still be waiting. Well, the bike is in storage right now, but at least its official. The lesson, be there when the deal is closed. Out of sight means no one respects you.
    2019 Rally , Black

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the update! It will be ready to roll when it thaws out in the spring.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Well, I finally did get it about two weeks ago. I bought the bike in August or September, I forget. I went over the head of the loan officer and spoke to a supervisor. She put me on hold and when she came back *Poof* my paperwork was submitted to Illinois...'last week'. Illinois was surprisingly fast considering their license plate system is not computerized. So all in all, the dealership sat on it for weeks, then mistakenly sent the request to Wisconsin. Then the bank sat on it for a month and a half. If it where not for my complaint I would still be waiting. Well, the bike is in storage right now, but at least its official. The lesson, be there when the deal is closed. Out of sight means no one respects you.
    Glad to hear this got sorted, its painfull story to read. Ride happy mate
    2017 RTL , White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Glad to hear it's finally taken care of!
    When my father died, I took possession of his car. It was easy on my end, Michigan issued plates etc. quickly. The hard part was that New York State (where he had lived) kept on issuing him tickets for driving without renewing his license or registration. (Dead man driving?) A letter cc'd to a lawyer and bundled with the tickets finally settled them down.
    ~Sandee~

~Sandee~
    2016 RT-L (Purchased used in February 2018)
    RT Dash Mount (from JT's Spyder Store)
    Kuryakin Trident Highway Pegs
    Hopnel Pouch
    Magic Mirrors
    Spyderpops Foam Handgrips
    Iron Butt #35273
    Girls on Spyders #2779