Spyder Garage

Default Shift Lever- 2012 RTS

Is there a way to re-align the shift lever so my boots can get under to shift? Currently my foot is really angled down the shift. BTW, my big toe on left foot is very short due to a couple of operations.
    Thanks, Bob

Very Active Member Snowbelt Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Shift linkage

Hey Jarvis - Full disclosure - I don't have a manual shift, just going by the diagram.

Appears as though the shift pedal itself just rotates around that bushing with no other detents or springs external to the transmission. It's at-rest position, then, is dictated by the length of the shift linkage. Looking at the diagram, the shift linkage rod - item 21 - appears to be adjustable. If you make it longer, it should rotate the assembly CW and thus raise the at-rest position of the toe pedal. But give it a good look-see yourself.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Doug

2023 RT Limited, RT 622, BUDS/BUD2 Megatech/Megatronic

”Freedom is not a loophole”

F4 Customs SWCV, Ultimate, Lidlox, Adjustable Side Vents, Leather Like Grips, SS Grills, Centramatic, Garmin XT2, BajaRon Original Sway Bar w/ Lamonster links, P238

Spyder Garage

I agree. Loosen the jam nuts on 21 and turn the rod to raise or lower the shift lever. This system is used on motorcycles where the shift lever doesn't mount directly to the input shaft. If you can't get enough adjustment with the rod #24 can be removed from the shaft and rotated a spline distance on the shaft in the needed direction.
    2015 RT , Black

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the replies. I actually had tried that a little, but obviously didn't try hard enough. The darn red loctite on the bolt made it really-really-really hard to get off. I will try the linkage again and if that doesn't get the results, I will try the spline. BTW, hopefully will be installing sway bar late today or tomorrow. Now I got to figure out the seat issue (to close to handlebars).

Thanks again. Will let y'all know the results.