Thread: More moans

Spyder Garage

Default More moans

Hi all once again we see more problems / complants regarding the Ryker now it's cracked wheel nuts . Looking down the posts on forum more unhappy than happy . Don't ask me why I keep mine but it's only because I carnt have a solo again regards Nico 75 75s my age.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I'm part of a number of Ryker groups on FB and overall I'd say people are happy with their Rykers. There have been some issues for some people but overall I think its a small portion of total owners. The wheel nut issue came up on the FB groups and it looked like a widespread thing but then someone did a pole of people with the problem and it turned out approx. 2 out of 90 people had the issue. Those 2 people where just very good at complaining and making it look like a larger issue. Personally I think the wheel nut issue is an improper dealer installation issue.

I like my Ryker. 4000 miles, no issues, still riding. There is no other Can Am On Road product I would buy.

Spyder Garage

Count me in as one of the happy ones. Have ridden 3,000 miles on back roads and loving it!
    Spyder F3-S Special Series my traveling ride
    Ryker Rally modified for dual sport duty
    Honda Grom heavily modified for dual sport duty
    Ducati Scrambler Icon Dark my other traveling ride

Spyder Garage

Glad your happy. Regards Nico 75

Spyder Garage

Default It's the way it is.....

First year productions are all like this. As much as they are tested and scrutenized there is no test like Joe Public....They seem to find ways no lab can to find the flaws. I have had several first year productions and they all had recalls and parts upgrades within a short time of ownership. I now avoid those early models. I believe the wheel nut is a design and or material failure. I have not seen an overtorques nut split/crack as generally the threads will strip out or you will have issues taking them back off. Not a reason to hate the ryker.....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by poli View Post
    Count me in as one of the happy ones. Have ridden 3,000 miles on back roads and loving it!
    Judging from your profile picture, I'd say those were a pretty tough 3,000 miles. If the Ryker can handle that I'm sure normal road use would be a piece of cake.
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Old post but , now that a couple years have passed it does seem that most are happy with the Ryker.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pantera View Post
    Old post but , now that a couple years have passed it does seem that most are happy with the Ryker.
    Agree, still happy with mine and no issues with it. In regards to the original post, since then, there has been two recalls on the wheel nut issue for model years 2019 & 2020.
    2020 Can Am Ryker Rally Sport Touring Edition

Spyder Garage

we bought her for our 2up-retired-adventure-tours - 20 T miles now - more than perfect !!

that's what it was built for :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFcE0g2jWfg&t=139s
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

When I purchased my Rally model in January 2019 it was because of an injury to my right wrist and hand that made me feel my two wheel days were over. It wasn't perfect but the Ryker got me back on the road. The Ryker concept was a product experiment by BRP to look for a new market and that appears to be a success. To their credit it appears that corporate has monitored the traffic on this site and the improvements made to the 2022 model Sport and Rally reflect many of the aftermarket modifications (suspension, seating, chassis height, lighting, exhaust, etc.) that we (the beta users) have written about here. I also received a survey from BRP asking about issues of interest (including different tires) we were interested in. I do admit that their appears to be a disconnect at times between between the BRP engineers and the dealership tech's and this could use improvement; however, I am still happy that the product was available when I needed it. Just my opinion.
    2019 Ryler Rally , Shock Yellow

Spyder Garage

I'm a rookie with the Ryker. Only a couple of weeks and 300 miles. There are nuances that comes with riding naked and low to the ground. But overall she's a fine beast and makes me smile.
    2021 , generic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by chris56 View Post
    we bought her for our 2up-retired-adventure-tours - 20 T miles now - more than perfect !!

that's what it was built for :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFcE0g2jWfg&t=139s
    At the risk of appearing ignorant, what does the T mean in 20 T ? Tesla units?

Spyder Garage

My wife has about 3500 miles on her Ryker (2000 of which were done in a weekend) and we have no complaints. I have done a lot of mods to the bike though, so we kind of made it to her liking.
    2020 600 ACE , Black/Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RickD View Post
    At the risk of appearing ignorant, what does the T mean in 20 T ? Tesla units?
    My guess is it's short for Thousand.