Spyder Garage

Default RpmOne aftermarket extended warranty - any experience?

I'm considering the purchase of an aftermarket extended warranty for my 2017 RT. Can't buy the B.E.S.T. warranty because the BRP factory warranty lapsed due to it starting earlier than my purchase (long story, details in another thread).

Does anyone have experience with the RpmOne warranties, good or bad?
    current ryde: 2017 RT-S

previous bikes:
    1975 Yamaha RD 200, 1978 Honda CX 500, 1980 Yamaha SR 500, 1982 Kawasaki GPZ 550,
    2005 Suzuki V-Strom 650, 2006 Yamaha FJR 1300, 2015 Kawasaki Versys 650LT
    2017 RT-S , bronze

Spyder Garage

Do you know how the RPMOne warranty works? How much is the deductible? Do you have a list of exactly what is covered, i.e., the fine print? Do you have to pay full freight for repairs, submit claim to RPMOne and wait for payment less deductible?

FWIW, my B.E.S.T. extended warranty expired earlier this month with me never having to use it. The Good: my Spyder has been running like a finely tuned Swiss watch for 62.6K miles. The Bad: I gambled and BRP won. Would I do it again? Absolutely!
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

RPMOne warranties are pretty common with Triumph dealers, as Triumph doesn't offer their own factory extended warranty. That said, many owners on the ADV forum have expressed positive notes re: RPMOne. When I had my 800 Tiger, my Triumph dealer dealt with RPMOne and they stated that RPMOne was easy to work with. But, this was coming from the selling dealer.
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I bought RPM when purchasing my NEW 2015. I've used it around 3 times, once for a high expense repair and once for a mickey-mouse $18 repair (frunk gasket separated). I had NO (deductible) cost; and the dealer files the claim directly (no work for me). The BEST thing I liked about it is the Cancel/Refund feature, whereas the B.E.S.T. warranty stays with the machine when you sell or trade, and you're on your own to try to recoup your unused premium.... I lost half of mine!

But watch out! Didn't they just sell out to a new owner? That's in another thread in here somewhere...
    NEW - 2015 RT Limited SE6 Intense Red Pearl - 07/21/15
    Retained the old mirrors with TricLed Signals
    General Altimax RT43 rear tire (at...17,000 miles) Ran for 36,500 miles
    Michelin Defender.......rear tire (at...53,500 miles) Ran for 60,700 miles
    Riken Raptor HR.........rear tire (at 114,200 miles)
    Vredestein Quatrac 5 front tires (at 70,500 miles, first new fronts!)
    Gear Brake Decelerometer Module

OLD - 2012 RT Limited SE5 Pearl White - 01/31/13 - Traded in at 32,600 miles.
    BajaRon Anti-sway Bar
    Kumho ECSTA AST rear tire (at 14,200 miles)
    TricLed Turn Signals in Mirrors
    2015 Limited , Intense Red Pearl