Spyder Garage

Default 2020 Passenger seat

When we bought our 2017 RT limited my wife did not like the feel of the passenger seat for the F3 limited. It was not nearly as comfy as the RT for her. We were watching the showroom video on this site. She mentioned the rear seat looks the same as the F3 accept a few inches longer for her. I wonder if they changed the feel of the RT passenger seat to feel like the F3? It was fine for a short ride for her but not nearly as comfy as RT. I guess we will have to wait and see. I’m not interested in buying anytime soon but I hope she like the passenger seat. I’d hate to loose my co-pilot. That is why we bought it in the first place.

Spyder Garage

My previous experience over 5 assorted Spyders.

The OEM seats are MUSH. I find they feel good up to about fifty miles. After that...I have to get off for a stretch.

Every one of my five Spyders had the seats replaced with something better.

Below are full size seats. I cannot give any info about passenger seat only. In most cases, the passenger portion is on the "second class" side.

08--Got a Corbin , 09--Got a BRP Comfort Seat. 10--Another Corbin 11--BRP Comfort and 14--BRP Comfort.

All were improvements over the OEM. Corbins are a love/hate relationship. They do NOT get any softer over time. Those of us that like them, call them supportive. I have 56,000 Corbin seat miles covering two Spyders.

The BRP Comfort has evolved into a better seat over the years. The 2014 was better than the 2009 version. At about $600 or less for the three I purchased...much improved over the OEM.

A heated 2020 will cost $995...IMO...the jury is out over that one, until some people start buying and using them.

There are also many other choices out there. Plan on $1K or more for the rest of them. Going to a rally and asking to test sit on the possibilities is a good idea IMO.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 09-25-2019 at 10:02 AM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Easy FIX

There is nothing wrong with a stock seat that can't be helped with a little modification
    such as adding my Gel and if you want a seat heater both for under $160 it is an easy to
    do it yourself project, if it needs more modification any GOOD automotive upholstery shop
    can alter the shape and make a new cover. I do it all the time on many brands of motorcycles.
    If you have the time and a few tools you can correct your own seat for a bunch less than buying
    another one size fits all seat.

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    My previous experience over 5 assorted Spyders.

The OEM seats are MUSH. I find they feel good up to about fifty miles. After that...I have to get off for a stretch.

Every one of my five Spyders had the seats replaced with something better.

Below are full size seats. I cannot give any info about passenger seat only. In most cases, the passenger portion is on the "second class" side.

08--Got a Corbin , 09--Got a BRP Comfort Seat. 10--Another Corbin 11--BRP Comfort and 14--BRP Comfort.

All were improvements over the OEM. Corbins are a love/hate relationship. They do NOT get any softer over time. Those of us that like them, call them supportive. I have 56,000 Corbin seat miles covering two Spyders.

The BRP Comfort has evolved into a better seat over the years. The 2014 was better than the 2009 version. At about $600 or less for the three I purchased...much improved over the OEM.

A heated 2020 will cost $995...IMO...the jury is out over that one, until some people start buying and using them.

There are also many other choices out there. Plan on $1K or more for the rest of them. Going to a rally and asking to test sit on the possibilities is a good idea IMO.

Spyder Garage

The 2020 RT passenger seat bottom looks the same but 1 inch longer. The passenger backrest looks like F3L but looks to be taller and wider.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

I ran into the same thing - the wife didn't care for the passenger seat on the F3, so we have an RT. I like the looks of the '20 models, but it'll be up to her butt whether I buy one or not.
    2014 RT-S Orange - LED headlights/driving lights, LED under mirror turns, LED brake/run lights along trunk and saddlebags, LED third brake light, LED turn bulb replacements, Magic Mirrors, Voltmeter, Oil PSI gauge, heated gear connection, BRP backrest, dash Mount USB plug, Lamonster belt tensioner, Baja Ron sway bar, NBV highway pegs, BRP arm rests M2 suspension.
    2014 RT-S , Orange