Spyder Garage

Default Help Bike completely dead !!

Turned key on to turn off parking brake moved it and going to put brake back on and nothing ! No show on dash face horn won't blow nothing. Battery checks out fine with two different gauges so am at a loss. If its a fuse please tell me where to look and where to get new ones. Hope someone can help. 2015 F3s. Just noticed the lights on the front fenders blink rapidly when I turn the key on. All else not working. just now the arms on the dash make one turn up and back and its dead again.

Spyder Garage

Not positive with F3 but on the RT open the Frunk. Pull back liner and you will see 2 square capped boxes with push tabs on the side. Pop both off. You will find a 1”x1” relay with 3 pins on the left one. Might be different on F3. Pull the relay and see if one of the bars is fried or shorted. Clean the 3 leads and plug back in. That large 1” x 1” relay is the main bike. Check that first.

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

What year and model of Spyder? Battery could be shot or corroded cable connections. When the battery voltage drops nothing works, except maybe the horn.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I know you said you checked the battery. But, your symptoms look like a dying battery. Did you try a load test on the battery? Good luck..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

One other question..... Just out of curiosity did you rock the kill switch back and forth a couple times? You will still have gauge power but motor will not start. Flip the kill switch several times.

Spyder Garage

Battery
    Just did my brothers was same issue. Can you jump start it?

Spyder Garage

I believe it is the battery. Put the tender on and it will charge then go to tender when then I put key in again and the arms did their things but then it goes to bad key and blank screen. At which time it goes back to the charge mode. So think battery is shot. What is your take on it ?

Spyder Garage

If the battery is original it is time to replace anyway. Put a new one in and I'll bet your problem is solved..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MrBones View Post
    I believe it is the battery. Put the tender on and it will charge then go to tender when then I put key in again and the arms did their things but then it goes to bad key and blank screen. At which time it goes back to the charge mode. So think battery is shot. What is your take on it ?
    First, the least expensive thing is to check the Battery terminals. If they are even slightly loose this could be your issue..... before you tighten them - remove bolts and put a couple of STAR washers on them ….. they will not loosen in your lifetime at least not by themselves …… jmho ….good luck ….. Mike

Very Active Member SpyderConvert's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hopefully, you did not try to start the F3 while the battery tender was still attached. If so, you may have damaged the tender.
    2015 RTL, BajaRon Swaybar, LaMonster LED Headlights and Foglights, LaMonster Spydercuff, LaMonster LED mirror wrap, Magic Mirrors, HMT Brake Light
    2015 RT Ltd. , $" extension Black

Spyder Garage

New battery coming looks too tight to tilt to get it out. Any suggestions ?

Spyder Garage

Pull mount off top. Tilt battery forward should come out. Will be tight but should come out

Spyder Garage

bm you be right. Just took another look and all looks well. At 86 it takes me a bit longer to process things. Thanks !

Spyder Garage

OK, so whatever happened?
    Greg Kamer
    "It's better to be not riding and wishing you were than be riding and wishing you weren't."

USAF, 20 years, retired
    Sheriff's Office, 23 years, retired

2018 Can Am Spyder RT-Limited

Spyder Garage

MrBones, wow! 86 and still riding. Well done, sir!

Spyder Garage

Got and installed new battery today. It started right up so hoping that was it. Just put new brake pads in and next project is oil change and new transmission filter. My first time always had dealer do it so any suggestions are welcome.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MrBones View Post
    Got and installed new battery today. It started right up so hoping that was it. Just put new brake pads in and next project is oil change and new transmission filter. My first time always had dealer do it so any suggestions are welcome.
    Just remember, it's just nuts and bolts and you have plenty of video's and search engine on this site, and if nothing else there's always YouTube!!! Good luck you can do it!!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl