Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Wife has 2014 RT-S and loves it. She is a little unsure of herself on the twisties, but that's just her. I do fine when I ride it. I have 2000 Goldwing Trike.
    A little more work on the curves and in the mountains. Both bikes are super for touring. Hers gets better gas mileage, but I believe newer GL's get better mileage than mine.
    We consider her bike a "Cadillac" and mine more like a nice truck.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by newbert View Post
    Besides handling, I feel that a reverse trike like the Spyder is also safer for another reason -- You can see the widest part of the trike when squeezing thru tight spaces. You can't do that with a "traditional" trike.
    REally good point!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

As some know on this forum, I have made the transition from GW/Road Smith trike to the 20 RTL, no regrets, none. I really enjoy riding this machine.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WingMan71 View Post
    Going to have to go to three wheels soon. Been riding Gold Wings since 1984, but never a trike.

Would like to hear from folks who have ridden BOTH a rear wheel triked bike like a Gold Wing trike AND a Can-Am Spyder.

What are the differences in handling of each, on the straights, in the twisties, all types of riding? How does handling compare between the two?

Thanks for any advice.
    WingMan

I was a GoldWing rider for years dating back to my 1982 Aspenacde. My wife bought her first Spyder in 2010 because she had a bad shoulder and needed the power steering. I stuck with the GoldWing and had my 2002 triked. The Honda was (I thought) more attractive and was more comfortable on the highway. It also had a better sound system. After getting it triked, I had the front end raked to 12 degrees to make steering easier, but after riding my wife's SE with the semi auto transmission and the power steering, I was hooked and so we bought matching 2012 RT Limiteds.

I still like the look of a triked GoldWing, but there is no denying that the Spyders are superior in every other way.

Pennyrick
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Penny and Rick have owned many motorcycles starting in 1974 with Honda’s, then to Suzukis, Gold Wings and ultimately Spyders.
    ‘74 Honda 360T (pair); ‘78 Suzuki GS 1000 (pair); ‘’82 Honda Aspencade; ‘84 Honda 400; ‘87 Yamaha 1100; ‘99 Honda Valkyrie; ‘01 Suzuki Burgman(triked); ‘02 Honda GL 1800(triked); ‘10 Spyder RTSE; ‘11 Spyder RTSM; ‘12 Spyder RTSL (pair); ‘20 Spyder RTL (current)