Spyder Garage

Default Control centre knob

Hey all, 2019 F3 base. Looked at manual but for life of me cant figure out controls. Reset trip meter, toggle to differnt options, dont know any of it. I'm 50 so tech things aren't my strong point. I wanted to find how many kms I had left couldn't do that. Please help. Thanks all

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie69 View Post
    Hey all, 2019 F3 base. Looked at manual but for life of me cant figure out controls. Reset trip meter, toggle to differnt options, dont know any of it. I'm 50 so tech things aren't my strong point. I wanted to find how many kms I had left couldn't do that. Please help. Thanks all
    Age has nothing to do with it. I'm 71 and read the manual and figured it out. That said, if you are really can't work out anything about the controls, you should have your dealer give you a training session. Make a list of things you are confused about and have them address each item. For me it was a matter of sitting on the F3 with manual in hand and trying different things until I figured out what the buttons on the console did compared to what the handlebar joystick did. Don't be afraid to try different things - you're not going to break it.
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-25-2019 at 06:47 AM. Reason: Clean-up

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

Default For the person who was asking about control buttons. The thread disappeared!

To work the controls....

Mode button (under the green ECO) will get you started. Take your time with the next few screens you get. Note that the UP (^) left (<) and right (>) and down ( ) are illustrated on the screen in each category to let you know what they do. It really is a bit counter intuitive how they did that, but with some time you can get it. I would advise stopping to work the screens so you don't drift off the road. Sorta like texting and driving but worse. STOP and work it please. We don't want to lose you so soon.
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

A sit on the machine with the manual in hand can be HELPFULL. I have played games with ALL of the Spyders I have owned. They don't make it easy for sure.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    A sit on the machine with the manual in hand can be HELPFULL. I have played games with ALL of the Spyders I have owned. They don't make it easy for sure.
    I did try that and I felt like I was going in circles. Was very frustrating.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Frankie69 View Post
    I did try that and I felt like I was going in circles. Was very frustrating.
    I even have that experience with the electronics in new cars nowadays. I learned that for me I usually can figure out a few functions at a time while sitting in or on the vehicle then walking away for the day. Usually that helps it to sink in. I still can go back to my car manual once a year and find something I've forgotten.
    2015 Pearl White RTL
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Russell Day Long Seat
    Strobe Brake Light
    Mirror Mount Turn Signal Indicator

2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Someone correct me here if I'm wrong, but I don't believe you can delete anything important. After you enter the set mode by pressing the ECO button you use the left/right buttons to highlight the items you wish to select/change. Up/down buttons the same. This will only work with the spyder stopped and idling, or stopped with key on. It all starts on the left side of the screen and moves across to the right depending on what you select by pressing the set button. Move to the left to change back to another item. Yep, that's how it works. I just went out and reset my spyser's clock to confirm. Three clicks on the ECO will get into it and then use the set button and the up/down and left/right buttons to move around and choose whatever you want to change. By the way, don't be drinking while you do this. LOL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LeftCoast View Post
    I even have that experience with the electronics in new cars nowadays. I learned that for me I usually can figure out a few functions at a time while sitting in or on the vehicle then walking away for the day. Usually that helps it to sink in. I still can go back to my car manual once a year and find something I've forgotten.
    Ain't that the truth, brp made this so complicated geese

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2dogs View Post
    Someone correct me here if I'm wrong, but I don't believe you can delete anything important. After you enter the set mode by pressing the ECO button you use the left/right buttons to highlight the items you wish to select/change. Up/down buttons the same. This will only work with the spyder stopped and idling, or stopped with key on. It all starts on the left side of the screen and moves across to the right depending on what you select by pressing the set button. Move to the left to change back to another item. Yep, that's how it works. I just went out and reset my spyser's clock to confirm. Three clicks on the ECO will get into it and then use the set button and the up/down and left/right buttons to move around and choose whatever you want to change. By the way, don't be drinking while you do this. LOL
    LOL drinking, I'm stone cold sober and can't do it lol. Thanks so much. Funny thing is when I ask on other forum on FB I can't really get a definitive answer because people have an idea but really don't haha. Glad it's just not me

Spyder Garage

Well, when it comes to techno stuff, if you have a younger person in the house or next door, hand them the book for a bit and have them show you!! My daughter fixes my phone all the time Good Luck!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Well, when it comes to techno stuff, if you have a younger person in the house or next door, hand them the book for a bit and have them show you!! My daughter fixes my phone all the time Good Luck!!
    Haha, ain't that the truth,too funny. Maybe next time I see a young person walking past my house I will get them to show me. I wanna go out to the shop and try again but probably will get frustrated. Will wait till weekend

Spyder Garage

Miles or KM left in the tank shows up on the left side of the gauges, if you don't see they you need to have the dealer put the latest firmware on the machine. Also a quick tip while navigating the menu if there is a double arrow that means there is another level in the menu
    Search for Dash and Firmware
    You will want 20.3
    https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...=dash+firmware
    2018 F3 Limited , Stock Doc Humphrys Intense Red