Spyder Garage

Default Are your VIN numbers recognized by the NTHSA de-coder?

Anyone try to check the VIN# on their Spyder with BRP or the NTHSA decoder? BRP assures me that the VIN is correct but it is not recognized by either.
    In 2017, I bought a new hold-over '15 F3S and had issues with the VIN when I registered and insured it. Recently, out of curiosity I tried to run the VIN number on a couple of Spyders I found on Auto Trader and had the same problem. Is it a Canadian thing?
    2015 F3 S , Can Am Red

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Try putting the VIN into the safety recall lookup on the BRP site, support page maybe. If it's a valid VIN you'll get a response about recalls, or no recalls pending.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Are you 100% sure you are entering the numbers correctly? Maybe you entered a 0 instead of an O?
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Vin

Call or visit your local Cam Am Dealership. They are very helpful....
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Are you 100% sure you are entering the numbers correctly? Maybe you entered a 0 instead of an O?
    Oops, it's the reverse! VINs do not use O, I, or Q to avoid confusion with 0, 1, and 9.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Try putting the VIN into the safety recall lookup on the BRP site, support page maybe. If it's a valid VIN you'll get a response about recalls, or no recalls pending.
    That's exactly what I did. Also with the NHTSA VIN decoder. Both returned a "VIN # with errors" The VIN was correctly entered both times. I then contacted BRP and this was their response:
    "In regards to the recall search on the website, it is not always 100% accurate and will not recognize some VIN's. I can confirm that the VIN for your unit is -------------. Also that there are no active warranty bulletins or recalls on this unit."
    2015 F3 S , Can Am Red