Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I know this doesn't fit your location, here in Australia that is the case. If a dealership registers a demo vehicle with the manufacturer/importer, the period between registration and actual sale is deducted from the warranty period. Our dealers will try to offload a vehicle within 45 days to maintain the warranty value.
    2017 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

Extended warranty here in Canada for my 2018 rtl is 1 year $1,200
    2 years $1,300
    3 years $1,500
    4 years $1,600
    2018 RTL , dark blue

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    A friend bought a demo RT, and like the OP thought his warranty expired 2 years from the purchase date, so a month before the date he thought his warranty expired he contacted his dealer about buying the BEST extended coverage, he had moved so this dealer was not the one he originally purchased from, he was told that the initial coverage had expired a few months prior. This dealer went to BRP to plead his case and he was able to purchase extended coverage, so don’t give up, they have come through before.
    Yes, the dealer never told me when the warranty expired. So that was an unpleasant surprise.
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

There are benefits to a dealer when they register a demo unit with BRP. But when they do the warranty period starts. It does not matter if the unit was titled or plated. It has nothing to do with that. The only thing that matters is if the dealer told BRP it was a demo.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

RPM was always like this. It is the reason I quit doing business with them. Back in 2011 I bought a RT from them with the RPM warranty which was sold as "all maintenance would be covered, you will never have to pay for maintenance for 3 years". So I bought brake pads and tires and wanted them installed only to learn "all maintenance" referred to manufacture required maintenance. I only found this out after I had them install the brakes and tires and went to pick up the bike. I stood there looking at a $380 bill. Scammers... always.

Good luck with your issue. I know it is a bit of a drive, but the dealer in Florence is great. I did take my 2018 to GForce also and they seemed good as well. I also take my Slingshot to Gforce.
    When the going gets tough...Downshift..

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I bought a demo in 2014 with a lot of miles on it. My warranty expired in April of 18. (I had the extended best that was included in 2014) but the warranty started the day I got it. The dealer had been using it for about 7 months before I got it.

Spyder Garage

I would double check your paperwork. I just bought a 2018 F3 LTD with 100miles and was told new... But looming closer on paperwork during sale it said used. Dealer said they bought it was a dealer in TX and titled it for demo... Anyway.. Warrenty is way less than 2 yrs.
    1980 Honda - CM400
    1983 Yamaha - Maxim 750
    1988 Kawasaki - EX500 Ninja
    1994 Yamaha - FZR 600
    1998 Honda - VFR800 Interceptor
    2008 Buell - XB12

2018 Bitten by the Spyder Bug
    2018 Can Am - F3 Limited
    2018 F3 Limited , White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by P3EWO View Post
    I would double check your paperwork. I just bought a 2018 F3 LTD with 100miles and was told new... But looming closer on paperwork during sale it said used. Dealer said they bought it was a dealer in TX and titled it for demo... Anyway.. Warrenty is way less than 2 yrs.
    All paperwork clearly lists my Spyder as new.
    current ryde: 2017 RT-S

previous bikes:
    1975 Yamaha RD 200, 1978 Honda CX 500, 1980 Yamaha SR 500, 1982 Kawasaki GPZ 550,
    2005 Suzuki V-Strom 650, 2006 Yamaha FJR 1300, 2015 Kawasaki Versys 650LT
    2017 RT-S , bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billythekidd View Post
    RPM was always like this. It is the reason I quit doing business with them. Back in 2011 I bought a RT from them with the RPM warranty which was sold as "all maintenance would be covered, you will never have to pay for maintenance for 3 years". So I bought brake pads and tires and wanted them installed only to learn "all maintenance" referred to manufacture required maintenance. I only found this out after I had them install the brakes and tires and went to pick up the bike. I stood there looking at a $380 bill. Scammers... always.

Good luck with your issue. I know it is a bit of a drive, but the dealer in Florence is great. I did take my 2018 to GForce also and they seemed good as well. I also take my Slingshot to Gforce.
    GForce seems to be trying hard to do right by me. And I can see why RPM is out of business now.

previous bikes:
    1975 Yamaha RD 200, 1978 Honda CX 500, 1980 Yamaha SR 500, 1982 Kawasaki GPZ 550,
    2017 RT-S , bronze

Spyder Garage

Well, an update. GForce (the new dealer) heard back from BRP on the case. BRP's response is "too bad, so sad" - they say their database shows that RPM started the warranty in June 2017 when they put the bike in their demo pool. The fact that RPM lied to me and sold the bike as new, telling me that I had the full two year warranty, is not BRP's problem, they say.

I will say that GForce has been trying hard to make things as right as they can, and that I don't hold them responsible. In fact, I've been impressed with GForce - BRP, not so much.

GForce ate the cost of replacing the dead battery and is offering me an aftermarket warranty at their cost, since I can't get the B.E.S.T. warranty now. I'm considering the warranty, which comes from an outfit called "RPMOne" (unfortunate name, considering the history with a dealership called RPM, but of course the two outfits are not related).

Anyone have experience with the RPMOne warranty?

previous bikes:
    2017 RT-S , bronze

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rodentrancher View Post
    Well, an update. GForce (the new dealer) heard back from BRP on the case. BRP's response is "too bad, so sad" - they say their database shows that RPM started the warranty in June 2017 when they put the bike in their demo pool. The fact that RPM lied to me and sold the bike as new, telling me that I had the full two year warranty, is not BRP's problem, they say.

I will say that GForce has been trying hard to make things as right as they can, and that I don't hold them responsible. In fact, I've been impressed with GForce - BRP, not so much.

GForce ate the cost of replacing the dead battery and is offering me an aftermarket warranty at their cost, since I can't get the B.E.S.T. warranty now. I'm considering the warranty, which comes from an outfit called "RPMOne" (unfortunate name, considering the history with a dealership called RPM, but of course the two outfits are not related).

Anyone have experience with the RPMOne warranty?
    A real bummer that BRP did not follow through. They could at least have given a cut price on the BEST warranty or a couple years for free. This would have gone a long way towards customer relations.

I have not heard anything bad about the RPM warranty. Since your current dealer is willing to help out, I would go with that.

I am going to re-consider my purchase of a new 2020 RT.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Pretty low act on BRP's part. One spyder bike warranty wouldn't break the bank I would have thought.
    2017 RTL , White

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Warranty

So Sorry to hear about your issue.
    BRP, you can make/get it 'RIGHT'.
    Offer something..... Good Will Deal???.... Show us You Care......
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

I bought 2016 rts se6 ss demo that brp put into service for media demo but my dealer was aware of demo status and extended my warranty

Spyder Garage

Yep...
    When we bought our 2018 RT Limited in July (at Pro Motorsports in Fond du Lac Wi) it had about 500 mi on it and had been used in the 3 wheel rider course at Road America. We were advised that as a result the factory warranty would expire in April of 2020. In addition to the rebate and the financing special, the dealership further marked it down to the point where we could purchase the additional maximum length extended warranty with the roadside assistance and tire and wheel coverage and still get a price below that available at other Wisconsin dealerships. How could we say no?
    Last edited by Garyd; 09-26-2019 at 01:31 PM. Reason: addition