Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2019 F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

do you happen to know where on the LaMonster site you can buy the new clips? I have looked and he mentions them in his Mirror Lock install video but do not see them on the website.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Stangman35 View Post
    Yeah iv seen people say they’ve replaced them with those and some have said they didn’t help. I want BRP to fix there problems, iv added plenty of upgrades but this is something we shouldn’t have to fix.
    Dealer got back in touch with me today and said they will take care of it, so at least there’s that. And iv installed the mirror locks from Lamonster to help with mirror shake. Hopefully more people will report the problems so BRP will fix them instead of putting out a crappy design year after year.
    I solved my mirror cover problem by adding Baker built hand wings under the mirror. Plus when closed its warmer in cold weather and open them for more air in hot weather. The wings mount to the mirror cover and you have a screw on the bottom that holds the cover on with their bracket. You need to drill 3 holes in bottom of cover for mounting wings.
    2018 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

I had a look at these and the instructions only mention drilling 2 holes. When I look at the online instructions I don't see how adding these would do anything to secure the mirror covers better. If anything I would think this would put more force on the cover which could increase the risk of the cover coming off.

Spyder Garage

Default Baker Mirror mount

The 2 small black nuts are the wing mount. The big screw black cap is drilled and mounted to an L shaped bracket inside. Covers cannot come off without removing the 1 screw. The wings stay on the cover when its removed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JP58 View Post
    The 2 small black nuts are the wing mount. The big screw black cap is drilled and mounted to an L shaped bracket inside. Covers cannot come off without removing the 1 screw. The wings stay on the cover when its removed.
    thank you. interesting because when I looked at the Baker Wings site install instructions they don't mention the third hole and the internal bracket. Good to know.

How do you like the wings?

Spyder Garage

They wont keep wind off your hands but will keep wind off knees and upper body. My F4 customs windshield with there wings keeps wind off hands. The Baker lower leg wings keep legs and feet warm and dry in rain. They all work together to keep warm and dry in cold weather and cool you when open in hot weather.