Spyder Garage

Default Ryker Pigtail Set up for battery tender

Has anyone hooked up a pigtail on their Ryker yet? I started to but the set my tender came with was extremely long and I had a hard time cleaning up the cables.
    2020 Rally Edition , Yellow/Black

Spyder Garage

I drilled a hole into the frunk and run it into there. Use it to run my Garmin (mounted above the gauges) and plug in the battery tender when parked.
    Spyder F3-S Special Series my traveling ride
    Ryker Rally modified for dual sport duty
    Honda Grom heavily modified for dual sport duty
    Ducati Scrambler Icon Dark my other traveling ride

Spyder Garage

I have 2 of these one on my Ryker and one on my Concours and they have a short pig tail connected to the battery

https://www.walmart.com/ip/EverStart...iner/129970336

Spyder Garage

If you ride it fairly often, no need for battery charging!

Spyder Garage

I actually ride everyday, but the weekdays I'm simply commuting to work which even if I take a scenic route is only about 30 minutes long at most. From what I have read, if you don't run an hour or more a day, it helps extend the battery life to plug it up when not in use. Of course I could have misunterstood it, but its not hard to plug up, I just thought I would make it even faster to do the pigtail. I appreciate the feedback though.
    2020 Rally Edition , Yellow/Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Ryker571 View Post
    I actually ride everyday, but the weekdays I'm simply commuting to work which even if I take a scenic route is only about 30 minutes long at most. From what I have read, if you don't run an hour or more a day, it helps extend the battery life to plug it up when not in use. Of course I could have misunterstood it, but its not hard to plug up, I just thought I would make it even faster to do the pigtail. I appreciate the feedback though.
    An hour? Probably more like 5 minutes to charge back what the starter used to start.

Spyder Garage

I have my bikes on a tender whenever I'm not riding them

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I ride a couple times a week. My bike sits from November to May in heated storage. During the riding season I never charge the battery. When in storage I hitch up the charger once a month till the battery is full and then disconnect (only takes an hour or so). That's the only charging I do and my battery has lasted 7 seasons so far. You can if want to but there really is no reason to keep the battery on a tender full time.

Spyder Garage

Used a battery tender on my Harley and my last battery was still working after five years. A Walmart battery at that. Only reason I put a new battery in it recently is because it is up for sale now. Battery maintainers will make your battery last longer. Most have a desulfator function.

Spyder Garage

What MDLNB said about the desulfactor fuction is what rocks about the good battery tenders. I have a pig tail sticking out from the front of my grill. I don't plan on riding once the snow starts to blow and a battery tender makes winter storage a breeze. In the Northeast it's pretty common to pull batteries from vehicles in storage and the tender will save some time getting the Ryker back on the road in spring.

Spyder Garage

I put a pigtail on my wife's Ryker. I just fished the wires out to the right side top A-arm and left just enough to grab onto to hook it up. We're the only ones who know it's there.
    2021 RT Limited

2016 RTS , Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Mine came with one from the dealer. A pleasent surprise when I went to install an extra one I had laying around.