Spyder Garage

Default Wire Harness in Trunk in 2018 RT Limited

I am looking to install a USB connector on my Trike using the Lamonster Garage USB setup that connects to their Spydercuff through a power supply. The instructions say that you should connect direct to the battery or an accessory connector. I took a look today and found two wires in a boot with solderless connectors. I measured 12.4 volts only when the trike is on. (I am not referring to the two-prong battery tender connector) Does anyone know what these connectors are? Everything I have read says that the RT does not have an accessory connection like the F3.

Thanks

I attached a picture through a link
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

From your picture you're speaking of the front trunk, correct? I'm not familiar with the '18 RTs but my'14 has a two wire switched cigarette lighter type socket on the rear wall of the frunk just to the left of the battery door. The 14 RTs had an option of the cigarette lighter or USB socket.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

They are not OEM and might be what the previous owner installed? I would be removing the battery panel and finding out where they're connected to. If they are part of the main harness, leave them alone.
    2021 F3 Ltd , Magna Red

Spyder Garage

We have a 2018 RTL, and have the same factory connections in the frunk. I used them to energise a solenoid controlled 6 fuse power block connected directly to the battery. The connection can be used to power the USB outlet you are planning to install. That connection, along with the USB outlet in the rear trunk, can be set to be hot all the time by transferring the fuse in slot 6 (on with ignition) to slot 7 (always on) in the right side fuse box.
    2018 Can Am Spyder RT Limited, 2013 Triumph Bonneville T100
    Motorcycle Rights: AMA Charter Life Member, MRF, FORR Life Member Local 11 Southwest Missouri, Mid-South MILE organizing committee member
    2018 RT Limited , Got one, on, then off then on until Gloria decides if she likes it or not. blue

Spyder Garage

I connected a cigaret lighter connection directly to the battery and use a dual usb that incerts into the lighter so I have power all the time in case I want to charge my phone or headsets while at dinner or off exploring for a while. also use it for my trickle charger input. I believe the wiring came with my trickle charger.