Spyder Garage

Default Anyone using a Garmin 590LM/595LM ?

I have a Garmin 595LM that is not being used. I am looking at the two mount options I see from BRP. One mounts to the left handlebar P/N 219400749 and the other mounts in the center of the handlebar P/N 219400912. I would like to hear how you like the way you mounted yours and would you install differently if doing again. Also how do you find the GPS screen is in sunlight?

Thank You,
    Ed

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

I'm using a 57LM mounted in my own made bracket between the bars. Modified the Garmin with audio out as well. I'm a "minimalist" and don't like any of the huge hardware of the commercial mounts like RAM or BuRP.

Full details >ON MY PAGE click here<

garmin2.jpg
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Spyder Garage

We use two of them but if we wear hi-viz or white clothes when in the sun we find them very difficult to read, sometimes impossible to read. We wear black gloves and if a gloved hand it laid on a chest it helps prevent the clothes reflection on the screen but it's not a convenient solution. We wouldn't buy them again.
    Rule#2: Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level & then beat you with experience.
    Rule#1: Refer to rule #2.

Spyder Garage

I use one on my RTL. Maybe it's the more upright seating position, but mine is readable in bright sunlight. Not great, but usable. I switched from a Garmin Zumo 550, which had a brilliant screen and was visible in any situation. I think the screen technology has changes since the 550, resulting in a less bright screen.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

My 590 is mounted on the center of my Tri-Axis handlebars using BRP PN 219800382 and as shown in the pictures. Note the last, bottom, picture is the 590 cradle with a Robert Becker Kradellock, https://robertbeckerdesign.com/shop?...kradellock-659, sandwiched between the 590 cradle and the Zumo mount. IMO, a Kradellock is the best $128 protection you can purchase for your very expensive Zumo. I leave my GPS on the Spyder all the time except overnight at motels when on tours. My Kradellock came with four proper length Phillips head machine screws to accommodate the additional thickness of the lock but I opted to purchase four stainless 7 mm head metric machine screws because I didn't like the idea of using a screwdriver to adjust the rotational tension of the Zumo mount. I also use a visor on the Zumo from Prius Hoods, http://www.priushood.com/garmin-zumo...-sunvi590.html. I find the hood aids in viewing the GPS screen but there will be times when one is riding with the sun shining on the GPS screen over one's shoulder and one must adjust the angle of the screen to get the best view. It's a minor point because the turn by turn directions from the GPS compensate for the reduced visibility of the screen.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Very Active Member tofriendscreek's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I use a 595LM with the mount centered in the handlebars. It tilts and I’ve found when reflection is an issue, simply tilting it up or down solves the problem. I have hood which attaches to the unit via Velcro strips, but rarely use it,.
    2022 Plasma Red, F3 Limited, Special Series

Girard OH (summer) Greenville SC (winter)
    Spyder Garage

I wear a light weight nylon blank tank top when the sunlight problem hits but I can hear the directions because the audio is spoken through the GPS audio input so it's not that critical to see the map & route.
    to see my 2016 F3-T and many how to's
    2016 F3-T SE6 Roadster , Extended brake pedal for which I drilled out the brake rod yolk to lower it and added spacers to lift it slightly Black/Grey

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Mine is mounted in the centre, which I believe is how BRP set them up on the 2017 RTL's

Its handy there and easily a quick glance, I usually only look at the weather report on the right of screen. I think with the way the RTL handlebars can shudder some times the centre is a good stable point.
    2017 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

Thank you everyone. I have the mount and disappointing to hear that my 2019 F3 Ltd does not have the audio connection to the onboard speakers. Can a cable be added by chance?
    Hope to get it mounted today or tomorrow.