Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default Loose Ball Bearings & Metal Ring Found in Engine Oil During 3K Mile SVC - Help!

My BRP authorized Spyder technician found a batch of ball bearings and a tiny metal ring clinging to the magnetic drain plug inside my 2018 Spyder F3L's engine oil during the first 3K mile service - currently, it has 2746 miles. Does anyone know what these are and why this might've occurred?

I had reported (and sent this video) to my dealer that I could hear tiny metal objects flinging around inside my engine housing back in July 2018, four months after purchasing my Spyder. dealer stated "this was normal". At the time I had 1200 miles on the odometer. I don't see any invoice indicating whether or not they contacted BRP to confirm. My Spyder is still under warranty.

I'm curious what I need to be aware of and the extent of the damage they can cause to my engine/transmission. Your knowledge would be greatly appreciated. Dealer tech is waiting for BRP to authorise repair which I'm told could require rebuilding the bottom end of the engine.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Seattle; 09-20-2019 at 04:20 PM. Reason: typo
    “Be who you are and say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter and
    those who matter don't mind.”
    ... Dr. Suess

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

2018 F3 Limited - 10th Anniversary Ed , Trickle charger, Gerbing heated clothing Black/Gold