Spyder Garage

Default My opinion on the f3 versus the RT even th

I am on my third Spyder now. My first two were RTs and my third one is the F3. My first Spyder was a 2011 Spyder RT. I recall the first months riding it and how I felt as if I would be thrown off on every curve. I rode it like this for a few months until getting a Baja Ron Sway Bar for it. WOW!! This made all the difference in the world. I kept this one for about a year and a half. I purchased a 2014 RT and it was equipped with the Baja Ron bar. It still seemed to handle better than my 2011 RT even though they both were equipped essentially the same way. I kept this bike for about four years until I test rode an F3 and fell in love. It was a huge difference to me with the lower center of gravity. I bought a 2016 F3 special series last week and equipped it with the Baja Ron Bar this weekend. I really cannot tell any difference with the Baja Ron bar this time. The F3 just handles so well. I believe the lower center of gravity is one of the best things BRP could have done.

Spyder Garage

Glad to hear you are enjoying the f3, I am picking my 1st ever spyder this Sat, yep an f3. I keep hearing how amazing they feel. I have nothing to compare so I will take what everyone says they are ...Amazing!!!!

Spyder Garage

Yeah, we had an RT for a couple of years, my wife got her license and we picked up an F3, I ended up stealing it from her, now we have 2. The F3's just fit us better.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by djwilhoite View Post
    I am on my third Spyder now. My first two were RTs and my third one is the F3. My first Spyder was a 2011 Spyder RT. I recall the first months riding it and how I felt as if I would be thrown off on every curve. I rode it like this for a few months until getting a Baja Ron Sway Bar for it. WOW!! This made all the difference in the world. I kept this one for about a year and a half. I purchased a 2014 RT and it was equipped with the Baja Ron bar. It still seemed to handle better than my 2011 RT even though they both were equipped essentially the same way. I kept this bike for about four years until I test rode an F3 and fell in love. It was a huge difference to me with the lower center of gravity. I bought a 2016 F3 special series last week and equipped it with the Baja Ron Bar this weekend. I really cannot tell any difference with the Baja Ron bar this time. The F3 just handles so well. I believe the lower center of gravity is one of the best things BRP could have done.
    My story is similar to yours, owned a 2011 and 2014 RT. My girlfriend brought a F3T and I had a chance to do some extensive riding on it. I knew then after riding hers I wanted a F3T and riding my RT didn’t feel the same any more. I like the lower seat position, better performance and the cruising sitting position.

I found a deal on a new F3T and have been enjoying the ride.
    [B]

2018 Intense Red F3T (See About Me under My Profile for mods)
    2010 Timeless Black RT-622 Trailer
    2014 Timeless Black RTS-SE6, 34,300 Miles, traded May 2019
    2011 Timeless Black RTS-SE5, 15,180 Miles, traded April 2014

Spyder Garage

I think the F3 is the better choice for sporty driving. I've also been driving an F3-S for 3 years and I'm completely satisfied.

Spyder Garage

One is a cruiser, one is a touring machine, then you have those tweeners where BRP kind of morphed and blended some touring into the F3 platform, and now with the 2020 bikes just displayed, some are saying the RT is getting a bit more F3ish.

Myself, now years into the F3 series since released, I still find the front reminds me of a garden tractor. Yes, the RT does exhibit that snowmobile look.

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks for the comparison....

It's a comfort and handling thing for sure. All other features are similar and what's missing from one or the other can be added or modified to suit ones needs. As mentioned above, one is more full touring and the other is more of a sport/touring and sadly the other models were dropped so those of us that love the originals will have to hang on to them. Glad you found the best one for your ryding pleasure.... enjoy..
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black