Thread: Newb here

Spyder Garage

Talking Newb here

Hello all, My name is Jay and I live in Phoenix, AZ. I am about to buy my first Spyder , a 2008 GS. I have ridden motorcycles before, but not in the last 10 years. Never been on a Spyder. I wanted to get something older, as to not spend so much money on the first one. I want to make sure I love it more than a motorcycle, which I'm sure I will.

This site is incredible. I have been reading the Do's and Don'ts. Pretty amazing compilation of tips you guys have accumulated. I can't tell you how much I have already learned from those so far.

I'm not a techie guy. As much as I would like to do things myself on my ride, 911 needs to be on standby when I have tools in my hand.

Some of the other things I like to do include play poker, watch football and baseball, and cook. I'm looking forward to getting this ride and taking it to the red rocks in Sedona.

My first ride is going to be about 2 hours because I have to go to Tucson to pick it up. I will ride it around Tucson some first to make sure I get comfortable on it before doing 80 on the interstate.

Anyway, that's my life. Looking forward to reading more of this incredible forum.

Cheers!

Spyder Garage

Welcome to the forum and life ona spyder. I can't help you with the do's and don'ts of a GS, but there are lots here who will.

2017 RT-S

Bump Skid - Spyderpops
    Wrap - Wrapmyspyder
    swaybar - Bajaron
    Sena 20D & SM10
    3 PC Mesh Zippered Lid Net Set - TricLED
    A arm LED's - Safety LED's - TricLED
    Mirror Sequential turn signals
    Glo-riders
    LED rear turn signals and reverse lights
    Front Grills
    Third Brake light
    Larson Scanner
    Light Up - Sue Hopper

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Welcome to the forum Iridenow. You can find lots of good information here in the different areas of the forum on the Spyder GS. And lots of very good members here that can help answer any question you might have. When you get your new ride home make sure and post a photo in the Spyder Garage area of the forum. Live to Ride, Ride to live.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Welcome my fellow Spyder rider!!!

Spyder Garage

and on your (new to you) ryde.

I cut my teeth on the 2008 GS, manual tranny. I bought the first one sold to a customer in AK. Drove it two years and traded it in for the new 2010 RT Premier Edition.

The 08 was a great ride. I only put 24K miles on it, but it never gave me any trouble.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

&
    When you have a question don't be hesitant to ask, we were all newbie's once!
    2014 RT-Ltd , Cognac

Spyder Garage

Awesome post! My first experience was with a rented 2008 GS in Tempe that I rode to Sedona and Flagstaff. I fell in love with it and bought a used RTL 3 years later. Took backroads to Sedona, just nothing but great memories
    2015 Pearl White RTL
    Baja Ron Sway Bar
    Russell Day Long Seat
    Strobe Brake Light
    Mirror Mount Turn Signal Indicator

2015 RTL , Yes Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Welcome, this is the place to be and you will love it.
    2014 RT Limited Matte Silver, Belt Guard, RT Dash Mount, Show Chrome Can-Am Spyder RT Passenger Arm Rest, Show Chrome Full Size Brake Pedal,Best shop manual, Spyder keycover with hole, Utopia drivers backrest, Showchrome trailor hitch, ShowChrome Acc Trailer Acc Rack, 2014 CA Spyder RT-RTS Master Collection-HDSv5, Airhawk Cushion, Spyderpops bumpskid, Ipod cable, Led lights, Driver Hiway pegs, Shorty Antenna, Pin Striping, ECU flash, TriAx adjustible handlebars,
    Will it ever stop--NO

Spyder Garage

Default Welcome, welcome 👍

Welcome to the spyder world and this awesome site.. glad you found us and know we will help you get settled with you Ryde and this site.. Nice way to get into it with a jaunt around town then a two hour Ryde home.. have fun...
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black