Spyder Garage

Default Need trailer to haul a Ryker & Motorcycle

I知 looking at options to haul a Ryker and a motorcycle. I知 looking at aluminum trailers as I知 using a mid sized SUV to pull.

Currently I have an Aluma 6310H that carries 2 motorcycles totaling around 1100 lb. Works great using Pit Bull trailer restraints.

So I could get a really long trailer or a wider trailer and overlap the three wheeler and the two wheeler. Really long is a pain to pull so some overlap is preferred.

With the right ramp, is it possible to back the Ryker up the ramp or will there be a traction problem?

Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    - Scott

Spyder Garage

This is the only reference that I’ve found. Very applicable since we just bought a Spyder F3-S, not the Ryker.

https://youtu.be/duaSciIpbkY
    - Scott

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Onetrack97 View Post
    This is the only reference that I致e found. Very applicable since we just bought a Spyder F3-S, not the Ryker.

https://youtu.be/duaSciIpbkY
    With respect, I disagree with the choice of single axle vs double axle with brakes. The spyder and a full size motorcycle will weigh almost 2,000 pounds. My 7X14 all aluminum tandem axle trailer weighs 1600 pounds. That's way too much weight for a mid size SUV to be stopping without assistance. I'm pretty sure your owner's manual will agree. My only other suggestion is to find some way to keep the back wheel of the spyder and the motorcycle from moving side to side. There are some very rough highways out there!
    Last edited by WDAVEY; 09-28-2019 at 05:05 PM. Reason: correct reference

Spyder Garage

Yes, I was more interested in the size of the bed needed.

My load will be around 1500 - 1600 lbs. I’m looking at single axle, heavy duty 5.5k lbs or double axle. Both aluminum cargo trailers with brakes.

I can probably make it fit, not sure how well balanced it would be.
    - Scott