Thread: touring

Spyder Garage

Default touring

we have 2 f3t's .we thinking doing some long trip do you use highway or back roads?
    2019 f3t , titanium

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pieman9155 View Post
    we have 2 f3t's .we thinking doing some long trip do you use highway or back roads?
    Touring should be about the ride and not the destination. Highway isn't going to be as enjoyable as taking alternate routes.

Spyder Garage

Back roads whenever possible, interstate only if no other option available. I want to enjoy the ride!
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Very Active Member Fatcycledaddy's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PW2013STL View Post
    Back roads whenever possible, interstate only if no other option available. I want to enjoy the ride!
    with the back roads you also get to see the "flavor" of the little burgs you go through, then eat at some local joints, not the chain restaurants you find on the interstate. People will love to you about your ride, and quite often tell you things you should see that are not on the list of touristy things that is readily available.
    2020 RT Limited , Petrol Blue

Spyder Garage

we are thinking of going from upstate ny to denver co next year if we can. going for a month
    2019 f3t , titanium

Spyder Garage

To me, it depends on time allotment. I've done 10 day back roads and 5 days with interstate there/back and 3 days back roads in between.
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

work your way over to the old pony express trail 36 takes you right to denver

Spyder Garage

we are thinking of going from upstate ny to denver co next year if we can. going for a month
    I have both bicycled through a lot of CO and this past summer a friend and I spent a week riding through the state seeing some of the most beautiful parts of our great country as well as riding back roads to and from. Feel free to PM me for anything you'd like to know. The length of your trip is something I would have loved to take.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Each version has its own set of pros and cons. Since moving to AR from AK, I am liking the quiet country roads we encounter. We try to stay off the four lane interstate stuff...but...one cannot always do that.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

When I go to a Rally. I two-lane out and "book it" home on the Interstate. When touring, I try to find an interesting route. Much more chance of doing the twisties on an older two-lane road.

Spyder Garage

It really depends. If you plan on riding in the Denver area, then maybe you'd rather suffer the boredom of the slab in order to get there faster. (I did that on a trip from upstate NY to Baton Rouge.) But if you have something else to do in Denver--like visiting a relative, say--then maybe you'd like to get the fun riding in on the back roads on the way out and back.

The slab is quick and efficient, but not much fun.

Spyder Garage

Im leaving on a 8 day trip to the Smokys tomorrow,unfortunelaty theres no way to go from Delaware to North Carolina without taking some of the worst interstate in this country.If I was going out west and had a month I would stay far away from as much interstate as possible.What you need to do is get some really good MC touring maps.Digital is nice but I like to plan a trip on a MC friendly map.Butler has some stuff for rt 66 and Colorado and you can search for other brands,also look for touring books where the author has actually spent years touring an area and tells you all of the interesting stuff to do or see along the way because its the stuff alongside the road combined with the road itself that makes for a memorable trip.Take pics and write notes about the good and the bad and have fun.
    :
    : 2017 RTL ORBITAL BLUE