Spyder Garage

Default On a trip and I Need dealer in Phoenix area

I am on a two week trip from Kansas City to Scottsdale. I am spending this week in Breckenfidge, CO. I noticed my brakes are squeaking. I still have a couple more days in Colorado before I head to Scottsdale. I'll be spending a few days with a friend so it would be a good time for me to get them fixed before I head back to KC. Can anyone recommend a dealer or technician in the Scottsdale/Phoenix?

Thanks

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What makes you think they need to be 'fixed'?

What model & year Spyder and what is the mileage on the current brakes?

I've not heard anything positive about Phoenix dealers. Closest reliable one would be Sierra Cycles in Sierra Vista.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

I have had nothing but terrible experience with Ride Now in this area. Nash Motorsports is better but unable to do timely repairs. Maybe if you explain that you are on the road they might squeeze you in. Otherwise, your best bet is to travel 180 miles to Sierra Vista. Brakes are not a complicated thing to address. I don't think you need a "certified" dealer to look at and solve your problem. There is a former CanAm dealer in Fountain hills named Desert Dog that has done competent work for me in the past. Good luck..... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Lil Make shift list of info I've collected: (sorry was thumb up/down emoji had change to +- format for page)

+|- dealers quick list of comments stated as of 2016

-Marine World Wichita KS: tech used wrong tool for alignment marked & scratched both tierods.

-Fun bike center Mesa AZ:
    +Veys powersports
    El Cajon AZ: By same person with tire problem.

+Birds of prey Caldwell IA:
    Towing assistance for someone with key/DESS problem

+Rexburg Powersports in Idaho
    Helped a person while on a trip with a brake issue allowing fun trip.

+Sierra cycles Sierra Vista AZ:
    Someone with damaged low tire got a helping hand, loner bike & repair wrk.
    Also great reports from tombstone Ryde in

-We ride power spots ,Mesa AZ: after making customer wait,
    Actually told customer they could save $$ & time by sucking the oil out of dipstick &not changing filter rather, than a proper oil change⚠️ & made it sound like a standard practice

+Motorsports inc
    Hanover PA: somebody had multiple issues p-brake & windshield & were instructed how to move spyder by helpful dealer (communicated tie dow instructions to tow truck over phone)

+Ride Now Chandler AZ: someone glad with fast service.

+RideNow in Chandler, AZ:
    Someone that had previous bad experience with sales dept had a great report for the service dept

+Arctic adventures Rosendale NY: Recommended by someone to another having dealer trust issues & another+ from someone with multiple problems
    & some distance away, was towed there, bike was then fixed & delivered.

+Rivco had express delivery complications (not sure where fault was)& the refunded & made sure customer was satisfied

-Maxium Powersports Merrillville, IN : service dept failure to communicate times of repair person left w/o bike & no information for a week.
    +by couple others that had great all around exp.

+Edwards Motorsports in Council Bluffs Iowa. General good overall report sales & service.

+Raisin River, Monroe, Michigan. happy service customer.

Baja Ron for service & parts all around
    Spyderpops for service & parts all around
    Lamonster all around

Corbin
    +good looking stuff
    -long wait on orders
    -multiple complaints of service when there is a question on paid for expensive parts.
    -for warranty issues when bought with dealer assistance

+
    Lou the guy who owns Pirate Motorsports on Center St in Riverside CA:
    He has customers bringing their bikes from 150 miles away--just for an oil change (really)!

+Vey's Powersports in El Cajon in San Diego CA: reports of fast service & good price from someone had parts already.

+CASWELL CYCLE Mora, MN: Group on tour had good reports for service dept

+Eddie Chance aka WildTexasRanger with Little Loyd's Engine Repair in Palestine, Tx:
    Eddie has a satellite garage in Shreveport, LA.

-Mancuso's Houston TX: Bad service request , leave bike for a simple mirror repair, not, just fix & go

Person had hot gas tank & spewing gas,
    -pikes peak Motorsports Colo. springs, CO: was no help & dismissive of the problem

+RPM Motorsports Littleton Littleton, CO: was helpful same bike

+Elk Grove Powersports. North CA: general compliment of timely service wrk

+ Pro Caliber PowerSports Bend, OR: person was out on trip had mishap with transmission & was towed & fixed quickly

+Alcoa Good Times Knoxville, TN : report if fast service

+GSS Powersports in East Haven, CT.: fast second opinion & repairs for a desperate owner looking for better dealer. Found & fixed number of problems in time for an event, previous dealer failed & may be source of some of the problems found.

+ELK GROVE POWERSPORTS, CA:
    Report for fast friendly service just in time for Nor Cal rally

Person had two dealers refused Warranty work at
    -Malcolm Smith motorsports &
    -Temecula Motorsports Riverside, Ca
    then good help same issue @
    +Pirate Motorsports Riverside CA.

+ Johnny K's in Warren, Ohio and especially in Lodi, Ohio. Great service, sales and alaround customer support.
    -for one in Niles Oh person was ignored & when finally attended to the warranty item was rejected without even checking status. Only 6-7 months old, still had warranty

- to Hardings Park Cycle in Canton, Ohio. They try to charge for warranty work, believe unmolicious, they don't know what was covered, and it took them over three weeks to do a service

-Temecula Motorsports (Southern CA. LA area) NO BRP Spyder Tech available was the response. wanted some basic service. ⚠️

+Central Florida Power Sports, Kissimmee, FL. Happy customer reports yrs of good service

+Klinger PowerSports,Walton, NY
    Happy customer for years sales &service

+Ollies out of Alexandria, MN General satisfied customer sales & service
    (out of state customer)

+Mission Motorsports. CA They have an excellent Spyder Tech

+Whittier Fun Center. CA General happy customer sales & service

-Temecula MotorSports CA geNeral report by someone on 3rd spyder
    They just suck.

+Southbay

+-jet world

+ Maximum Power, Peru IN
    Person had one fault the dealer found few more & repaired all in quick timeframe.

-Motorsports in Riverside, CA
    They refused to do warranty work on bike. They would Not let person talk to the Spyder Tech. They claimed since the LaMonster LED head lights and fog lights in, and also had a cig lighter connected to the aux user circut that it was Not a BRP approved install and therefore they would not help with the radio. That had issues before upgrades install.

-Pete's Motorcycles in Baltimore *
    +J & J Powersports in Wilmington, DE **
    Quality perople and quality service. Can't say enough good about Jim and CJ. If you are in need of service, routine or emergency, or just a consult, highy recommend this dealer (don't go to Pete's).
    same person had poor service @ 1 & great service @ the other
    ----------------------------------
    -East Tennessee ATV in Elizabethton, TN
    Person had great help while out on trip after home dealer failed & took extended time on an install. Even found a problem the home dealer could not.

----------------------------
    +Family Power Sports in Lubbock Tx , general help & happy customer with service dept

-Service Advisor@
    Filers Powersports Macedon,NY
    said spyder ONLY had rear brakes in email to customer!
    Last edited by Bfromla; 09-19-2019 at 03:46 AM. Reason: Emoji to +-

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Thanks for sharing such a comprehensive list.

Spyder Garage

I had my first brake pad change at around 15k miles. I am now just over 28k. Mileage seems to dictate I may need to replace the pads and they are squeaking when I apply them. Is there something else I should consider?

Spyder Garage

Try having a look at the pads. You can see them through the wheel and tell if they are worn out. Brembo brakes squeak. They just do, Does not indicate need for replacement.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

I had the squeaky brake problem too. I used simple green, sprayed it on and used the hose nozzle on high to wash them down. Took a toothbrush and wiped the discs, and also used compressed air.

For me at least, the brakes were working fine, just an annoying noise. That fixed it for a while until they got dirty again. There's other, more complicated fixes but this worked for me.
    2016 RTL "Boris"

Foam Grips
    Utopia Backrest
    BRP Passenger armrests
    Bajaron sway bar
    LED Bumpskid w/remote
    Belt guard
    BRT rear lighting w/strobe
    High mount BRT w/strobe
    Dual a-arm LEDs w/turn signals
    Multicolor underground Halo lighting
    LED headlights and foglights
    FOBO TPMS
    Techgripper phone holder
    Lidlox
    Dual USB with voltmeter
    Dakota Digital Compass/Clock/Altimeter/Temperature Gauge
    Vredestein Quatrac 5 175/55R15 - Fronts
    General Altimax RT43 215/60R15 - Rear

Spyder Garage

Taking a look at that set of pads would be the first thing I would do if I was on the road! Get down there eve if you have to find a small mirror some where and get a look at the pads and see if you any pad left on the brake, not to forget that on these bikes a new set of pads do not have what I would call a whole lot of pad to start with new!!! If you still have a dimes thickness of pad on the brake assembly on both sides you have enough to get home and use your home guy!! My brakes have a little squeal every time I step on the brakes! Shame on me for not putting the anti squeal paste o the back side of the pads before I put them on!! Next time!!!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

Thanks, gang. I'll do a visual check this morning. I was on a 17 mile dirt/gravel road yesterday. Road up to an old railway station and the continental divide. I will do a good cleaning and evaluate.

Spyder Garage

Default Like Ludwig and others have said - clean with Simple Green and

The hardest part is getting down to look at the pads and on the front you can only see one side without a mirror. But usually a good spray down with simple green and the pressure wand if you can get it directed will give you clean non-squealy brakes for a couple of weeks... JMO
    07 Shadows, Aero, Spirit gone but not forgotten
    03 Harley Sportster, 07 RK moved on
    11 RT- 76,000 mi, 15 RT-S- 44,000 mi, traded for current 15 base RT and 16 F3T
    2015 RT , OEM Black Gloss

Spyder Garage

Nash Powersports in Phoenix/Scottsdale..just had work done there 2 weeks ago satisfied..Dont go to Desert Dog in Fountain Hills..I live here and drove 30 miles to Nash instead nothing but bad reviews about Desert Dog not a dealer***** ****** *****.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 09-19-2019 at 06:49 PM. Reason: potential slander/libel against a business

Spyder Garage

Thanks for everyone's input. I cleaned up the bike and took a day trip from Breckenridge to Aspen. 90% of the squealing is gone. So, dirty brakes was probably the culprit and I jumped too quickly to worst case scenario. Tomorrow I head to Scottsdale but I feel comfortable waiting until I get home to have them looked at.

Spyder Garage

As noted, Sierra Cycles in Sierra Vista is the AZ go to dealer/service. It will also be a nice ride down there for you from Scottsdale. FYI they are open Tues-Sat.
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Scotts8826 View Post
    Can anyone recommend a dealer or technician in the Scottsdale/Phoenix?
    2015 RT-Ltd SE6 and F3S SE6, both with a number of commercial add-ons plus my own tweaks.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Scotts8826 View Post
    I had my first brake pad change at around 15k miles. I am now just over 28k. Mileage seems to dictate I may need to replace the pads and they are squeaking when I apply them. Is there something else I should consider?
    Did you apply the anti-squeal lube? (No, not on the face of the pads!!)

Spyder Garage

Swing thru Las Vegas and I’ll put a set in for you! Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system