Spyder Garage

Default Trip Odometer settings

Can I use the "A" for my trip and "B" for gas fills? 2016 RT "B" remains at 0 and PAUSED. Any ideas?

Spyder Garage

Of course, you can. I do the reverse. Don't know why B is at 0 and paused.

Spyder Garage

Are you saying you are getting an error message when you switch to Trip B that says, "PAUSED"? On my '14 when I go to either Trip A or B I have the opportunity reset the trip by pushing the Down button or to temporarily PAUSE the meter by pushing the Up button. When I push the Up button the option changes "PAUSE" to "RESUME" and the reading on the trip meter stops recording at whatever mileage was on it when I pressed "PAUSE." Try this: go to Trip B , select "RESET" by pushing the Down button. Turn off the ignition and give the Spyder a few minutes, 10 or so, to reset everything. Turn on the ignition again, and Trip B should show the first time you press the Mode button and it should read 0.0. Ride around the block and see if Trip B starts to register mileage. If it registers you have successfully reset it. Now push the Mode button until Trip B comes up and the mileage should be as recorded and you have the option to push the Down button and Reset it again or push the Up button and and "PAUSE" should change to "RESUME" and the mileage should freeze at whatever you had traveled. Ride on a bit and Trip B should not change. If it doesn't change, stop again, push the Mode button until you come to the window where you can "RESUME" the trip, Push the Up button once, drive on again and see if the trip meter resumes reading mileage as you roll down the road. If it does, the system is operating as it's supposed to. If it doesn't resume, it's time to see the dealer.

Oh, it's immaterial which Trip meter you use to measure mileage per tankful. FWIW, I use Trip B to record daily or tour distances and use A for my tank mileage. My Zumo 590 also backs up my A distance for fuel refills.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Yes, you can use either meter for whatever you like. We zero the A meter at gas fill ups. This way, we always know how many miles on the current tank full.

I let the B meters serve as a weekly trip meter. At the end of Sunday, I write down the mileage for each and set them back to zero.

RE: Paused. When the panel says "pause"....the trip meter should be working. When the panel says "resume", its paused. Always was curious about the settings, as it seems backwards to me.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I use A for gas tank fill mileage, and B for total trip distance when I ride long distance. That way you can honestly say "I rode 980 miles for a plate of BBQ" or some such.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    Are you saying you are getting an error message when you switch to Trip B that says, "PAUSED"? On my '14 when I go to either Trip A or B I have the opportunity reset the trip by pushing the Down button or to temporarily PAUSE the meter by pushing the Up button. When I push the Up button the option changes "PAUSE" to "RESUME" and the reading on the trip meter stops recording at whatever mileage was on it when I pressed "PAUSE." Try this: go to Trip B , select "RESET" by pushing the Down button. Turn off the ignition and give the Spyder a few minutes, 10 or so, to reset everything. Turn on the ignition again, and Trip B should show the first time you press the Mode button and it should read 0.0. Ride around the block and see if Trip B starts to register mileage. If it registers you have successfully reset it. Now push the Mode button until Trip B comes up and the mileage should be as recorded and you have the option to push the Down button and Reset it again or push the Up button and and "PAUSE" should change to "RESUME" and the mileage should freeze at whatever you had traveled. Ride on a bit and Trip B should not change. If it doesn't change, stop again, push the Mode button until you come to the window where you can "RESUME" the trip, Push the Up button once, drive on again and see if the trip meter resumes reading mileage as you roll down the road. If it does, the system is operating as it's supposed to. If it doesn't resume, it's time to see the dealer.

Oh, it's immaterial which Trip meter you use to measure mileage per tankful. FWIW, I use Trip B to record daily or tour distances and use A for my tank mileage. My Zumo 590 also backs up my A distance for fuel refills.
    Which trip meter is not immaterial if you reset the wrong one by accident helpful measures for OCD types take a dash pick of miles before trip, just incase such incidents occur, attention at pumps can be distracted by the many comments & questios that spyders get.

2013 STL SE5 BLACK CURRANT
    SpyderPop's: LED bumpskid
    SmoothSpyder: dualmode back rest
    T r * * LED:foam grip covers, Tricrings, FenderZ,
    brake light strips, wide vue mirrors
    Rivico SOMA modulation brake leds
    sawblade mowhalk fender accents
    minispyder dash toy
    Lid lox
    KradelLock
    Pakitrack
    GENSSI ELITE LED H4 headlights
    FLO (Frunk Lid Organizer)
    BRP fog lights, trailer hitch
    SENA 20S EVO
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

SpyderLovers Ambassador Little Blue's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Trip or Fuel?

All very helpful Options. I Use 'A' for Trip miles and 'B' for Fuel miles. Best way for me. Remember always RYDE SAFE and Always Enjoy your RYDE...
    ENJOY YOUR LIFE WITH A SPYDER
    Ryde with a Friend and be Safe

My Spyder .....'Little Blue-Boy'
    2016 RT Limited , Orbital Blue