Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default 2020 Spyder Orders

I am new to the site/forum and thank you for the add. After researching bikes and trykes for about 12 months, my wife and I took a one day CAN AM Spyder course locally and we loved it. I am now going to order a 2020 RTL in the next few weeks and can't wait to join the Spyder family. We have zero prior riding experience other than the course and we have been purchasing gear and equipment over the past few weeks so we are ready once the Spyder is ready. My wife had such a blast on the course that I have a feeling I will be buying a second when I can afford it. For those that currently have a Spyder on order, or have ordered in the past, what has been the estimated turnaround time quoted before delivery? Thank you in advance.

Spyder Garage

That's hard to tell with a new model. The 2020 is a physically different bike. BRP has also been having a lot of issues with "BRP Connect" the new dash in 2018+. To be honest I'd look into new 2017+ still sitting in a showroom if you want new. Extremely good deals can be had now with the new models coming out, they want the old stock gone ASAP. But if you do opt for the new 2020 we'd love to hear how you like it. For the rest of us it is a mashup of an F3 and an RT. I'm on the fence about it personally.

Spyder Garage

I have been talking to the dealership in Bakersfield and they do not anticipate the 2020 RT's on the showroom floor until late January to mid February, for the first runs. It also depends on what color you order as the factory produces only one color during a run. I believe blue and white are out first, though that may not be correct. I'm leaning toward the blue one so I don't have to wait as long, LOL. Glad to see you joining the Spyder family!
    2020 RTL SE6 Asphalt Grey
    2014 RT SE6, Pearl White 57k (2014-2020)
    2008 GS Premier 17k (2012-2014)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by giantjas View Post
    I am new to the site/forum and thank you for the add. After researching bikes and trykes for about 12 months, my wife and I took a one day CAN AM Spyder course locally and we loved it. I am now going to order a 2020 RTL in the next few weeks and can't wait to join the Spyder family. We have zero prior riding experience other than the course and we have been purchasing gear and equipment over the past few weeks so we are ready once the Spyder is ready. My wife had such a blast on the course that I have a feeling I will be buying a second when I can afford it. For those that currently have a Spyder on order, or have ordered in the past, what has been the estimated turnaround time quoted before delivery? Thank you in advance.
    Welcome to the Spyder Family. I first ordered a premier edition 2010 RT back in November 2009 I ordered everything accept the trailer because others told me that I would not get any use out of it. I received the bike within three months. However I missed the promotion of getting a leather jacket valued at $450 I did get the custom iPod So from order to delivery was about 3 months. I got order # 412 I placed an order for the 2020 RTL and will take about same time end of January to mid February. if takes longer no prob. However you need to place an order by end of January to get the additional 1 year of BRP warranty for free. Also you need to order all your accessories now so that when the spyder comes you are not waiting for something. Some items are backordered but will not keep me from riding. The dealership you order thru can show you the approx delivery date on the accessories. I ordered the comfort heated seat, the Vented wind shield etc. Amounted to approx $4k that they discounted.

Also there is a promotion from BRP if you write a story about your dream ride and why you would want to do it on a spyderhttps://can-am.brp.com/on-road/promotions.html contest ends tomorrow! Since you think you might want two, this is a great opportunity. Get busy and good luck!

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TicketBait View Post
    Also there is a promotion from BRP if you write a story about your dream ride and why you would want to do it on a spyderhttps://can-am.brp.com/on-road/promotions.html contest ends tomorrow! Since you think you might want two, this is a great opportunity. Get busy and good luck!
    Unless I read the rules wrong all you win is about $7600 to cover the costs of the ride plus the use of a 2020 Spyder.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by IdahoMtnSpyder View Post
    Unless I read the rules wrong all you win is about $7600 to cover the costs of the ride plus the use of a 2020 Spyder.
    You are correct, But the op could take that trip each on there own spyder, and the joy and memory might be considered priceless! Too bad I thought you could win a spyder
    Guess I won't enter

Spyder Garage

If your going to buy the RT Limited go with the 2020. One awesome looking machine!!

Spyder Garage

to our site. The current talk is January/February on a new 2020 RT. Where I used to live (AK), the new ones were not out until April. My new 2014 RT-S arrived April 30, 2014.

I see your from CA. They should get them a bit earlier.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

If you wait until early Spring you might be able to get a Barely used 2020 model from someone that just couldn't handle the Spyder "feel".
    2015 RTS SE6 Special Series Red/Black w/Magnesium front fenders(bought in Nov. 2018 w/9,400 miles)
    Dynojet Power Commander V, Power Commander POD-300 Display, PCV Map Switch, Pedal Commander (WOW)
    Passenger Arm Rests, Windshield Air Wing
    Baja Ron's Sway Bar & Spring Adjusters
    Air Scoops, LaMonster's Hiway Pegs
    Magnetic Mirror Mounts, Air Innovations Seat Cushion
    Red Chrome pin striping on Black hood
    Federal Formoza AZ01 front tires (they're GREAT)
    Kumho Ecsta AST KU25 All-Season Tire - 225/50R15 91H
    LED bars above radiator inlets
    LED brake/running/turn signals on license plate frame
    Tag-Along trailer
    LED headlights LED fog lights (WOW)
    2" x 2" Road Lights inside front fenders
    7' x 10' Cargo trailer
    Garmin 396 LM GPS
    RLS Cat-delete resonator with China Akropovic muffler
    New Banshee AGM
    M3 TPMS on front tires
    Remote Control for Heated Jacket and Heated Riding Pants
    Analog Clock and Analog Volt Meter
    Loose Nut Behind Handlebars
    2015 RT-S Special Series , Stock Spark Plugs Brake Pedal Extension Cherry Red/Black

Spyder Garage

I would say buy the latest if you can afford it. When I bought my F3L in 2018 I could have saved a few G's with a 2017 but I loved the new display so I paid more for a 2018. I don't regret it one bit. I'm now waiting for a new F3L with electric windshield and Apple Carplay and the little refinements of the 2020 RTL. It's thru that BRP connect is not great. That is not a reason to buy any model. However, color is.

Good luck and enjoy.

JG
    2018 F3 Limited black, dark

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TicketBait View Post
    Welcome to the Spyder Family. I first ordered a premier edition 2010 RT back in November 2009 I ordered everything accept the trailer because others told me that I would not get any use out of it. I received the bike within three months. However I missed the promotion of getting a leather jacket valued at $450 I did get the custom iPod So from order to delivery was about 3 months. I got order # 412 I placed an order for the 2020 RTL and will take about same time end of January to mid February. if takes longer no prob. However you need to place an order by end of January to get the additional 2 years of BRP warranty for free. Also you need to order all your accessories now so that when the spyder comes you are not waiting for something. Some items are backordered but will not keep me from riding. The dealership you order thru can show you the approx delivery date on the accessories. I ordered the comfort heated seat, the Vented wind shield etc. Amounted to approx $4k that they discounted.

Can anyone confirm if the 2020 RTL pre-order promotion is ONE YEAR or TWO YEARS additional BRP warranty?

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by japgen View Post
    Can anyone confirm if the 2020 RTL pre-order promotion is ONE YEAR or TWO YEARS additional BRP warranty?
    Near the bottom of this page: https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/promo...pre-order.html
    † GET UP TO 3-YEAR COVERAGE WITH FREE ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE: Eligible units are select new, unused and in stock 2020 Can-Am Spyder models. The buyer of an eligible unit will receive the 24-month BRP Limited Warranty plus 12-month B.E.S.T. coverage. The buyer of eligible units will also receive 36 months of FREE Roadside Assistance. B.E.S.T. service contract is subject to a $50 deductible on each repair. For complete details, please see the BRP limited warranty and the B.E.S.T. contract at an authorised BRP dealer near you.
    That means the standard 24 month factory warranty plus one year of BEST warranty. There's a possible conflict in the wording "new, unused and in stock" with the heading of it being a pre-order promotion. Get a firm commitment from your dealer.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

I opted for a highly discounted 2017 F3 Limited last February and so very glad I did for many reasons. I was heading to buy an RT but it didn't fit me. Nothing kills the joy more than an uncomfortable bike. What do I like about my F3L? Here's a short list.....
    + Less Tupperware to remove to service the innards.
    + Oil dipstick and brake reservoir (which should be checked frequently) are very easily accessed.
    + Top trunk is cavernous - holds 2 FF helmets easily.
    + Fuel cap on top of "tank." Easier to access.
    + I know this is a matter of taste, but I like its instrument panel.
    + Movable floorboards gets feet just where you want/need them.
    Do test ride before you decide - there are huge differences.
    Ours is a red, black and chrome 2017 F3 Limited. Bought new in 2/2019. The avatar is my first bike back in 1952, a Simplex Servi-Cycle. Photo taken at the Barber Museum.
    2017 F3 Limited , Red, Black & Chrome

Spyder Garage

I'm in the market for a 2020 RT Limited, and thi is a good thread to ask a question I have: What is the incentive to pre-order? I have received price quotes with and without my BMW bike trade from a couple dealers, and to be honest, the pricing has not been impressive to me. Other than getting an additional year of BRP warranty, why pre-order now? I'm thinking it makes more sense to wait until the bikes hit the dealers so at least I could get a test ride on the new 2020 before ordering. I'm guessing the dealer pricing later this year will be the same, or maybe even better, than what they are offering me now.

What does everyone think about the pros and cons of pre-ordering the 2020 RT Limited?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by giantjas View Post
    Placed the order for my 2019 F3LTD on Dec 15th, 2018, took delivery on January 25th, 2019. Some have complained about BRP Connect. I've had absolutely no issues, it's great. Don't be swayed by the negative comments. Go for it !
    2019 F3 Limited
    2019 F3 Limited , Oxford Blue

Spyder Garage

Within a 150 mile radius of my area, their are 75'sh brand new 2019 RT-L and FS-L models available in the $19,500 -$20,700 price range. The new 2020's are nice, but are they $7-8K nicer ?

2022 RT Sea To Sky
    --------------------------------
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

While the 2020 RT is nice you mention possible getting 2 vehicles. You can get a base 100HP F3 for $16,000 NEW and a Ryker (Woman love their twist and go) for $9,000-10,000 which isn't much more than the RT? 2 with radio communication would be Great.

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Looks like you can get a 2019 base F3 for $13K right now.

https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/promo...9&bid=31001393

Spyder Garage

Default Pre-order or not

What does everyone think about the pros and cons of pre-ordering the 2020 RT Limited?

Cons-
    1-You going to pay closer to retail if that's a problem wait.
    2-little or no incentive early on.
    3-If you preorder and put down a deposit without seeing it in person you may lose your deposit if you change your mind.
    4-usually on trade this time of year you going to take a pretty big hit-you may be better off to sell yours in the spring then trade.

Pros-
    1-if you preorder early you'll be one of the first to have it and something to look forward to.

I can't think of any more pros.

Being that said I've already preordered a 2020 LT red limited chrome edition a month ago.
    This will be my fourth Spyder and my third preorder.
    The last preorder was a 2014 LT I ordered in October 2013 because I knew of the new engine was coming out.
    Have no regrets there though I paid more than I should have it was the best one yet.

This time around I bid it out to four platinum dealers within 150 mile circle of me with the accessories.
    No trade-in cash sale. I found in the past if you're going to finance don't tell them till the very end.
    Luckily the closest one to me was the cheapest. The Dealer I had bought two Limited's from in the past
    turned out to be the most expensive.

As far as delivery my dealer doesn't even know yet. I would say end of January first couple weeks of February.
    Some of my accessories won't even be available till April.

redspp.jpg redsp.jpg

Spyder Garage

As long as you are happy with the deal, and it's a done deal, Good for you! That red is a beautiful color, and the slight re-style on the RT is very nice. I have bought all my Spyders (six) without a test drive. The previous five were all ordered in advance. I did look at the current one before buying it. Got it from a different dealer than where I did the look though.

No trade-in is a good way to un-clutter the deal. The financing tip is also good. I would add, try to make arrangements with your own source, I find CU's to be very good. That way, you can compare their rates with the dealers. Sometimes, you can do better elsewhere.

The only hard part now, is the anticipation wait for the new RT.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    Within a 150 mile radius of my area, their are 75'sh brand new 2019 RT-L and FS-L models available in the $19,500 -$20,700 price range. The new 2020's are nice, but are they $7-8K nicer ?

x 2 My thoughts exactly. And...it turns out that I am liking the F3L a bit more than the RT-S. I have now passed the 2014 RT on to Linda. Her bike went to the dealer as a trade. She is also pleased with the "upgrade."

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

I'm anticipating my 2020 RTL delivered in mid-Feb. It's the dark Anthracite Grey. Evidently the last color built.
    At least they should have the bugs worked out of the production lines by then.
    Could I wait and buy it less expensive in October as a 2020 holdover ?
    Probably, but then I won't have the pleasure of riding it all that time.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong. Someone here will surely let me know if I am.

****QUICK UPDATE**** Looks like a build date of February, delivery in March. It will be a nice retirement present for myself.

If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Newest is also good in my book. I have had a few like that. Four out of six to be exact.

2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Giant, The main incentive, if not trading, appears to be an extra (1) year warranty which I discreetly as possible had to remind the dealer, plus the aforementioned pleasures of use during riding season. I had a couple trades to rid myself of and was able to get what I hoped for them, so that was a big motivation.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by japgen View Post
    I'm in the market for a 2020 RT Limited, and thi is a good thread to ask a question I have: What is the incentive to pre-order? I have received price quotes with and without my BMW bike trade from a couple dealers, and to be honest, the pricing has not been impressive to me. Other than getting an additional year of BRP warranty, why pre-order now? I'm thinking it makes more sense to wait until the bikes hit the dealers so at least I could get a test ride on the new 2020 before ordering. I'm guessing the dealer pricing later this year will be the same, or maybe even better, than what they are offering me now.

My offer is the additional 1 year warranty PLUS $1000 BRP rebate if ordered by January 31st.