Spyder Garage

Default Vredestein Quatrac 5 directional

I’ve done some searches to try and find out if the quatrac 5 is directional. After I had the tire mounted I noticed the “face inside” on the sidewall of tire. There’s no rotational arrow on the tire. It’s going on the rear of my spyder. Thanks in advance

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by durango kid View Post
    I’ve done some searches to try and find out if the quatrac 5 is directional. After I had the tire mounted I noticed the “face inside” on the sidewall of tire. There’s no rotational arrow on the tire. It’s going on the rear of my spyder. Thanks in advance
    The Quatrac 5 is non-directional, but does have an inside and outside. I'm running the Quatrac on the back with the outside towards the belt, others are running it the other way. On the fronts, unlike the Kendas, you can rotate them if you choose.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

If you put the tire on the front left of your car with the "face inside" to the inside and then put one on the right front with the "face inside" to the inside you are going to have the tire rotating in two different directions. That's proof enough to me that it isn't a directional tire. Put it on and enjoy improvement.
    2015 RT , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There was a recent thread on this very subject. I think where we ended up is that it is not directional but it does have an inside and outside, which is only relevant on the fronts.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    There was a recent thread on this very subject. I think where we ended up is that it is not directional but it does have an inside and outside, which is only relevant on the fronts.
    Also came to the belief that while that tire and others like it with labeling inside / outside were not ideal as a rear tread pattern on a centerline drive tire such as the Spyder rear tire. Even though many have chosen to run them with no issues as of yet.

Spyder Garage

I have rode in the rain with all 3 corners mounted with the Vredesteins, and they hold fast in normal rain conditions. I have not yet been in a situation yet where I had 1"-2" puddle in a place safe enough to try out the envelope so to speak. If anyone has this experience with the Vredesteins it would be great to hear about it.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

I have them front and rear. Rear is mounted with inside towards the brake side. I rode for a solid 4 hours in pouring rain in all kinds of road conditions. I never had an issue even with the standing water. I was on all kinds of roads, winding, hilly, and different types of pavement running speeds up to 65 MPH. (conditions dictating)
    To be continued....