Spyder Garage

Default Smartphone network and battery lights

I paired/synced my iPhone to BRP connect a few days ago and am now seeing the smartphone network connection graph and the smartphone battery level indicator symbol on the dash. This seems reasonable. However, I just finished a short ride and did not connect my iPhone to the bike, I just left it in my pocket and both indicators were displayed. The battery level indicated high and the network connection low.

Questions; is this normal and I thought the phone had to be physically connected before the bike could see it.

2019 F3
    Thanks
    Poasttown

Spyder Garage

It will automatically BT connect to your phone whether you plug it in or not. All the phone functions work through BT and so do the audio functions. The only reason to plug into Spyders usb plug is for the BRP Connect app functions and the video display functions. BT does not have enough bandwidth for that. I never plug my phone in. I can answer phone calls and I use the phone as my music player.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

I plug my phone into the USB plugs in the frunk just to keep the battery charged while I play Sirius XM via bluetooth. I don't need to answer calls when I'm trying to enjoy the serenity of a ride. I'll check for voice messages when I reach my destination.

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info.
    Poasttown