Spyder Garage

Default Can-Am Rentals - What would you rent?

Let's say you want to rent a Can-Am for 1 day and there are two options available:

The Ryker 600 costs $99/day vs the Spyder F3 $150/day.

Which one would you choose?

Is the Ryker good enough for a rental, or do you need the Spyder because you want a lot more comfort and options?

I'd love to hear what you guys think about each option.

Spyder Garage

If I was going to cruse and smell the roses, then the f3 would be my pick! But if I was going out and play with my friends and jet around, Ryker all the way!!!
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

I just did a two day rental on an F3. All I can say is wow, I want one.

Spyder Garage

Also, if you were to rent a Ryker once, will you rent it again, or is the Ryker a one time rental, then rent something bigger like the Spyder F3?

Spyder Garage

It all depends on the type of riding you like or the fun you want to have. Those are good prices for a days rental.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

F3 or RT

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

If I could not find an RT; then I would look at your F3 if it fit me then I would go with that if not; I know the Ryker can adjust quickly, I would go with that for a day. And would I do that again, don't know never tried a Ryker before.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Depends on LOTS of things. Where you're riding, how fast you're going to go and how far you're going to go (are you in a city or on the open road for 500 miles). Whether you have a passenger or not (and is the Ryker equipped with a passenger seat). What other baggage and other things you're taking along with you. Are you going off paved roads (can on Ryker due to shaft drive, shouldn't on F3 due to belt drive). Do you want a manual transmission (not available on the Ryker, maybe available on the F3). Last but not least, how much money do you have and want to spend.
    2017 RTS , Blue

Spyder Garage

Where I live and ride there is absolutely no choice, an F3 for a 450 mile day.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

I would like a F3

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

If the person renting owns a spyder then my guess is they will rent an F3. If they have never ridden a spyder they will go with the ryker option.....its cheaper.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by livechatpro View Post
    Let's say you want to rent a Can-Am for 1 day and there are two options available:

The Ryker 600 costs $99/day vs the Spyder F3 $150/day.

Which one would you choose?

Is the Ryker good enough for a rental, or do you need the Spyder because you want a lot more comfort and options?

I'd love to hear what you guys think about each option.
    Surely this has gotta be one of those cases of 'what do you really want to rent it for?'

The Ryker 600 would be a good choice for local running around town, just so long as you didn't hafta carry much more than what'll fit in your pockets &/or back-pack; and it'd be bloody brilliant for heading out & booning around the (fairly close in) back blocks, maybe even doing that with a few mates on similar machines! But I really wouldn't want to plan on trying & rack up too much more than exploring whatever's within a 100 or so miles radius on a rental Ryker 600 in any one day; nor would I want to try taking the Missus out for a leisurely but longish day cruising all the (not too close in) wineries &/or tourist/scenic spots within a solid day's ryde reach on a Ryker! Give me a Ryker 600 for a day & I reckon I'd be up for anything along the lines of spirited ryding within a reasonable distance & without too much flat-out hi-speed highway commuting involved, preferably solo or with just a bit of 2-up ryding thrown in, and certainly without the need for taking too much gear besides what I'm wearing along!! Fun, exciting, nifty, perky, zippy... a Ryker is ideal for all those types of activities involving those sorts of adjectives, plus maybe adding some 'faster than pedestrian' excitement into your 'round town' activities, just so long as none of it entails carrying much more than what you'd expect an over-excited Jack Russell to carry safely!

An F3 - yeah, you could still fairly readily do all that 'round town' running stuff, and you could probably pick up more than just a 6-pack & a burger to bring back to the hotel for the evening's entertainment too! You could also do all of that fairly close in 'back blocks booning', just so long as you weren't planning on tackling any black diamond 4WD Only tracks or doing a low tide beach run & expecting to make it back along the beach once the tide comes in.... but I guess that probably applies to most rentals, doesn't it?! The F3 would be comfortably up for the exploring everything within a 100 miles or so radius too, and it'd likely be ideal for taking someone (the Missus maybe??) along on that leisurely but longish day touring the (not too close in) wineries etc too, especially if it's an F3-T or L! You could maybe even add in a late arvo high speed blast along the Coast Highway & still have enough room to pack in enough to set a pretty good picnic & bubbly in real glasses so you could find an appropriate but secluded spot to sit and watch the sun set over the ocean too!!

I guess all that really goes to highlight that any Ryker, but especially a Ryker 600 is much more of a smaller, perkier, FUN machine for the young at heart who're happy enough ryding solo most of the time; yet while the F3 can still be & do all that stuff pretty well, it has the added bonus of being more readily up for inviting someone else along and doing it all 2-up; doing it for longer & further afield; or while carrying more 'experience enhancing' necessities along if you want! Basically, the F3 is better suited to being a little more debonair, suave, & sophisticated if you prefer to go that way today, rather than being sorta restricted to only playing the excitedly perky & 'Jack Russell style' bouncingly happy thing until you're well beyond absobloodyfreakingly exhausted!!

But it really does all come back to what YOU want to do on the day.... and for those of us who have been there, done that, and have the worn out body parts to show for doing it all, your choice might also need to include some consideration of how well & able you want to be able present tomorrow, too! But it's really gonna depend on what you want to do on the day concerned, doesn't it?!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-15-2019 at 10:09 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

F3, mostly because that is what I'm used to, and will let me roll with the area sights in comfort of familiarity. However, if I was looking to just jet around and perhaps try something new, def the Ryker because I'm reallyyyyyy curious about it. From what I've heard they are super fun to ride.
    Just depends what I'm doing.
    2017 F3-L Intense red "Wings"
    Spyderpops Spyclops Light
    Tric LED Headlights and Fog lights
    Madstad Windshield
    Phoenix - Wrap My Spyder
    Lamonster Highway Pegs
    BajaRon Sway Bar
    Rich's Custom Seats
    2017 F3-L , Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by livechatpro View Post
    Also, if you were to rent a Ryker once, will you rent it again, or is the Ryker a one time rental, then rent something bigger like the Spyder F3?
    This spring I had a chance to go to one of cam-ams test rides at one of our dealerships! I got to take out the new f3lt, and the 900 Ryker, I will say the Ryker had a sporty ride that was like driving a go cart, it was hard to behave myself! Would I love to rent one for a couple days, heck ya, if I could leave the dooryard with out my wife, that would be the problem
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

I'd go with the Ryker and ride it like a rented mule
    2018 F3 Limited , Black/Chrome

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

You could sign up for a Learn to Ride class and try out all 3 models. The classes are generally $50 and you could figure out which one you like best.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Neither. I have an F3 and the 600 Ryker doesn't interest me. Add a 900 Ryker and we can talk.
    2017 F3T , Black, black and more black