Spyder Garage

Default 2020 RT Limited pricing

So I got the go ahead to investigate a new 2020 limited from the other half.....Anyone have any info or experience on what, if any, I might be able to negotiate off of the list price of a new machine? I’m wondering if I am better off ordering, waiting to see the inventory in spring or wait till fall for the usual rebates?
    2022 RT Limited Dark Hyper Silver
    2014 RT-S Pearl White
    2010 BRP 622 Trailer Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I would wait, they seem to get cheaper when the next MY start rolling out.

Spyder Garage

So, are you thinking next fall......
    2014 RT-S Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Sometime BRP will announce some kind of promotion in late fall or early spring.

Could be a price reduction and/or extended warranty, if you decide to wait, keep watching.
    2018 RT LTD , Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Late fall,January- February. I know there was some deals now on left over 2019's right now. So by next year around this time the 2020 pricing will be cheaper around this time.

Spyder Garage

Based on the fact that the RT has been re-designed and we are getting a lot of "I want one of those" types of comments...deals will be on the tough side to come by at first.

Your negotiating skills on trade in, accessory prices, labor to put on the accessories, doc fees and of course, good ol freight and set up fees should come into play.

Fall of 2020 will net better deals...if you can wait of course.

It was not hard to find the RT I liked and to add on $1200 worth of accessories. I have a 2011 RT for the trade in. Luckily I have about four places to check out as well as IMotoSports. If I don't get the deal I feel good about...I will wait or do nothing this go around.

I want one...but I don't need one.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 09-15-2019 at 05:49 PM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Which model are you considering. Just read that the RTL comes with the trunk, but the other RT series does not and the upgrade is black only and $2000. Have not verified that myself, curious if true.

Spyder Garage

I'm not planning on waiting.
    Yes, you can get a better deal in a year, but your trade in will also be a year older, and you'll have not had the new bike for a year. Enjoying the new bike for a year has value in itself.
    But it all depends on you. I've never been good with delayed gratification. Still, I managed to get a nice percentage off of MSRP.
    One thing I noticed, BRP is now allowing you to order the Spyder with options. When I got the 2014, if you wanted chrome, you'd have to buy the Spyder, buy the chrome and then have the chrome installed.
    Now you can order the options when you order the bike.
    Presumably, I'll have mine in January.
    I'm thinking the DESS and BRP Connect have had enough time to get straightened out.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong. If I am, I'm sure somebody on this site will be more than happy to let me know.

This is what I ordered:
    Spyder RT Limited: Asphalt Grey Metallic, Dark Trim,Travel Cover, Driver Backrest, Topcase Rack, LED Lower Front Light, and the GPS Support. I'll keep my Zumo 590 and move it over to the new machine.

New Spyder 1.jpg
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

They are offering 4 year warranty and roadside if you preorder a 2020 now. No discount on the MSRP of $32,999.00 here in Canada. Some wiggle room on all the add on options ��
    I have ordered the Blue / Black RT Limited and traded in my 2014 RTL. Delivery December or January. I just liked a lot of the new features and design and decided to just do it and enjoy a new ride in 2020.
    2020 RTL - Petrol Blue Metalic / Black, dark model.
    Colour match rear tail cover, Garmin GPS.
    Heated Ultra Comfort driver seat & backrest.
    LED headlamps, LED Front corner lamps and lower front LED lamp.
    Baja Ron sway bar.
    Ride Til You Rot!

Spyder Garage

Alright I too got the go ahead but when I was picking options, I got some crazy changes by their computer.
    I started with the RT Limited, so LinQ compatible top case with passenger backrest included
    THEN when I was in the Step 3 Accessories, under the SEATS subsection and added the passenger armrests.
    (with their text "Local or long-distance, these horizontally and vertically adjustable Passenger Armrests assure optimal comfort for those keeping you company for the ride. A snap to install, they pivot outwards to allow easy vehicle access. Incompatible with RT Rear Panel." Why would ANYONE want the Armrests on if they didn't have the pax seat on and had the rear panel on anyway??
    But HERE's the CRAZY part, I'm ordering an RT Limited and adding armrests, and the computer adds another $759.98 accessories to the already $429.99 armrests, so that's $1189+ added to my RT Limited base price, just for arm rests......????
    Adding armrests and computer added these.JPG
    The added Linq passenger backrest and RT Linq Rack were nothing that I want, but they end up in the order and there's no way online to deselect them.
    Safe Rides,
    David and Sharon Goebel
    Both Retired USAF Veterans
    2018 Anniversary Edition RT Limited
    Baja Ron ultimate swaybar. Vredestein tires, Baja Ron Front Shock Pre-load adjusters, Pedal Box, See my Spyder Garage
    IBA 70020

Spyder Garage

DGoebel, I wonder if that's a glitch in their ordering system?? After all, if you want the RT-L, the LinQ Rack & Top-Case with Backrest are supposedly ALREADY included in the RT-L pricing.... if they want to add on those costs AGAIN when you order the Adjustable Arm-Rests (btw, it just did that to me, too!!) they're double dipping ! And I'm not up for that!!

So I'm wondering if there's a bit of a coding error in there & whoever did the 'add armrests' bit included the costs for those pre-requisites as per the Lesser RT that doesn't necessarily have them already, but then DIDN'T EXCLUDE those costs as already being included in the RT-L's existing price.... That said, I can see there being the possibility that the 'stand-alone' Back-rest might be worth having if you wanted to take the Top-box (with integrated Back-rest) OFF, and just run the Arm-rests with the stand-alone Back-rest instead of having to re-fit the Top-box every time.... So maybe the Arm-rests AND stand-alone Back-rest might be a valid combination, but whichever way you look at it, once you've got the Top-box with included Back-rest AND the LinQ Rack it sits on (and which it appears all comes with the RT-L package anyway!), you simply aren't going to need ANOTHER LinQ Rack nor should you be expected to pay for it AGAIN!

Regardless, if the extra un-needed parts & costs can't be removed &/or compensated elsewhere, I wouldn't be ordering the arm-rests up front!! In fact, I'd suggest that BRP should really provide them to you gratis in order to compensate you for discovering the glaring error in their system! That's gotta be worth a try, doesn't it?!
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-15-2019 at 10:39 PM.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

I’d be looking into an rt limited. I was also trying to add passenger armrests, and it keeps adding the linq piece and changing the rear seat, so I wonder if that is a bug.

Also, I added the trailer hitch and control module and it automatically adds a freedom trailer

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    Which model are you considering. Just read that the RTL comes with the trunk, but the other RT series does not and the upgrade is black only and $2000. Have not verified that myself, curious if true.
    2014 RT-S Pearl White

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Sure hope BRP gets this pricing thing fixed, gotta have those arm rests if I go with the RTL, not buying a Cadillac here. I'm thinking, if they can't get 'build your own' pricing right, uhhh, what else is wrong?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Brentc View Post
    I’d be looking into an rt limited. I was also trying to add passenger armrests, and it keeps adding the linq piece and changing the rear seat, so I wonder if that is a bug.

Also, I added the trailer hitch and control module and it automatically adds a freedom trailer
    No doubt they will get it sorted out and resolved. Then again, possibly the items you desire are remaining dealer installed options, same as it has been. In this day and age of technology, it should not be a concern or difficult to build a customer exactly what they prefer as the machine is factory built, we know it can be done, but is the added time vs cost vs slowing the assembly sequence valid or is it better to modify small changes after the unit is completed?

I recall buying my Tacoma, was a bit surprised at the number of items installed at the port as they called it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    Sure hope BRP gets this pricing thing fixed, gotta have those arm rests if I go with the RTL, not buying a Cadillac here. I'm thinking, if they can't get 'build your own' pricing right, uhhh, what else is wrong?

With thoughts like that, remember the accuracy of the RT series clock...

Spyder Garage

I played with the ordering system last evening with both an F3 and RT and noticed some ordering discrepancies on both models; don't remember specifics but since I'm not buying anyway didn't give much of a hoot. The one thing I did notice on the F3 though was that if you go through U-fit business it seems that a buyer will not get the extra stuff that he winds up with a on prior model years after the dealer fits the bike to rider. I must admit I do like the design of the RT but I still have too many miles left on mine to justify the expense of a new bike.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by PMK View Post
    I am liking the base RT with front auxiliary light, and heated comfort seat. My color choice is petrol blue. I am liking the NO TRUNK look and the $2K extra is not worth it for me. The accessories I have chosen bring the price up an additional $1200 bucks. My package for the new one is at slightly less than $25K. When they start putting on the fees, it will be interesting. I am not one who pays them.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 09-16-2019 at 10:35 AM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I Dunno, that top case really looks good, but $2K, Holy Christmas. I'm saying, the co-pilot would really be comfy back there. If mama's happy, then everybody's happy, and that looks like a very happy place back there on the RTL.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RTL1330 View Post
    They are offering 4 year warranty and roadside if you preorder a 2020 now. No discount on the MSRP of $32,999.00 here in Canada. I have ordered the Red / Black RT Limited and traded in my 2014 RTL. Delivery December or January.
    I just liked a lot of the new features and design and hey how long are you going to live! Lol
    Nice little red Spyder for my Christmas present, can't wait to ride it.
    Did you have to give up your trade now, or are they guaranteeing you a value upon delivery?
    2020 RT Limited , Marsala Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DGoebel View Post
    Alright I too got the go ahead but when I was picking options, I got some crazy changes by their computer.
    I started with the RT Limited, so LinQ compatible top case with passenger backrest included
    THEN when I was in the Step 3 Accessories, under the SEATS subsection and added the passenger armrests.
    (with their text "Local or long-distance, these horizontally and vertically adjustable Passenger Armrests assure optimal comfort for those keeping you company for the ride. A snap to install, they pivot outwards to allow easy vehicle access. Incompatible with RT Rear Panel." Why would ANYONE want the Armrests on if they didn't have the pax seat on and had the rear panel on anyway??
    But HERE's the CRAZY part, I'm ordering an RT Limited and adding armrests, and the computer adds another $759.98 accessories to the already $429.99 armrests, so that's $1189+ added to my RT Limited base price, just for arm rests......????
    Adding armrests and computer added these.JPG
    The added Linq passenger backrest and RT Linq Rack were nothing that I want, but they end up in the order and there's no way online to deselect them.
    I tried that option and got the same results. However, if you look at the video that Can Am launched, there is a shot of one of the RT Limited's on the road with the armrests and the Limited top case.

Spyder Garage

RT Limited with armrests and original top case, not Linq rack.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

I could keep it but I'm going to deliver it to dealer so he can resell it as winter will set in here soon north of the 49. Mine should be here in December or January. I'm going RVing this month so won't be riding it anyway. We did 20000 km this year on the Spyder now it is time to RV. Dropped it at dealer on Wednesday order in now.
    2020 RTL - Petrol Blue Metalic / Black, dark model.
    Colour match rear tail cover, Garmin GPS.
    Heated Ultra Comfort driver seat & backrest.
    LED headlamps, LED Front corner lamps and lower front LED lamp.
    Baja Ron sway bar.
    Ride Til You Rot!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post
    Now you can order the options when you order the bike.
    Presumably, I'll have mine in January.
    This is what I ordered:
    Spyder RT Limited: Asphalt Grey Metallic, Dark Trim,Travel Cover, Driver Backrest, Topcase Rack, LED Lower Front Light, and the GPS Support. I'll keep my Zumo 590 and move it over to the new machine.

New Spyder 1.jpg
    Umm......No. Now I'm told it won't be until MARCH.
    They're building them in campaigns by color. Asphalt Grey Metallic is the last one.
    I'll have to give this some consideration.
    Still, I'll be skiing until early April. This might not be so bad.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

I have bought several sleds by spring order and have learned to keep my sled till the new one is delivered .Been caught with out a sled as the spring order was very late ,or a screw up at the dealer.
    2018 RTL , dark blue