Spyder Garage

Default Ryker Rally Noise - Normal Nuisance or Should I Worry

Hello Everyone!

I just picked up the Ryker today, first ride in the Can Am family. So far I am truly in love with the experience. I used to ride a Shadow, but never felt truly comfortable riding.

As I started breaking it in, about 50ish so far out of the 200 recommended in the manual, I noticed somewhat of a grinding noise on decelerations. I only really notice it on the putter stop and go's. I would like to believe that it's just the CVT going to work to slow the bike, but the grinding sounds like I'm dragging something across the pavement.
    2020 Rally Edition , Yellow/Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I would say its normal. I would also say I notice this sound more in ECO mode than the other modes.

Spyder Garage

I appreciate the feedback. I haven't tried the other modes yet. I wanted to wait until the break-in period is up.
    2020 Rally Edition , Yellow/Black

Spyder Garage

I am breaking mine in using the ECO or Normal mode and haven't even tried the Sport or Rally mode yet. I figured the meshing noise was just normal, like the clunking sound if I try to take off too fast from a stop. Not use to this kind of machine and definitely not the machine noise it makes. I've been riding bikes for over 40 years, on and off but those mostly made loud exhaust noise. This cycle is probably the most fun of all the bikes I have driven.