Spyder Garage

Default 3000 mile service

Just got the 3000 mile service done on our 2018 spyder rt for $235.00 at River Raisin Power Sports in Monroe Michigan where we purchased it new. We dropped it off and they had it done the next day. The shop in Maumee Ohio wanted almost $500.00 and couldn't get to it for 3 weeks. Big thumbs up to River Raisin for their quick service. Great shop to use if your in the area.

Spyder Garage

A very reasonable price. Mine 4 1/2 years ago was $255. Think ahead and inquire if they will mount, balance and install the automobile tire you provide when your rear Crapenda dies.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Good price.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Hmmmm I have 3500 miles, need to have the first service done!
    2018 White F3 Limited

Spyder Garage

Yes, we kind of last track and had almost 4000 miles

Spyder Garage

That seemed like a real low price. Mine was $422.00. But the service guy went over a 2 page list with me of everything they inspect and check. They asked me about belt vibration. I was going to adjust it myself as the belt had moved all the way to the shoulder of the rear pulley but wasn't rubbing or removing the paint. I only had a slight vibration from70-72 miles an hour. So they measured the tension and adjusted the belt to have pulley clearance and put the same tension back on. I have zero vibration, it's really nice. They also did a DPS software update. I think my dealer is pricey but I am getting comfortable and trusting of them. They told me they would mount what ever tires I brought in.

Spyder Garage

What dealer are you using?

Spyder Garage

Bought my 17 RTL there in February of 2018. A great bunch of people.
    Gary
    2017 RTL Asphalt Gray Metalic
    1987 BMW K75s

Spyder Garage

Hi JeffandLori,
    Is Engelhart your dealer?
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffandLori View Post
    That seemed like a real low price. Mine was $422.00. But the service guy went over a 2 page list with me of everything they inspect and check. They asked me about belt vibration. I was going to adjust it myself as the belt had moved all the way to the shoulder of the rear pulley but wasn't rubbing or removing the paint. I only had a slight vibration from70-72 miles an hour. So they measured the tension and adjusted the belt to have pulley clearance and put the same tension back on. I have zero vibration, it's really nice. They also did a DPS software update. I think my dealer is pricey but I am getting comfortable and trusting of them. They told me they would mount what ever tires I brought in.
    "BLUE STAR – She shines so brightly"
    2018 SPYDER RT LTD SE6 BLUE/CHROME
    2018 RTL , Large Brake Pedal (cut 1/3 off). Oxford Blue/Chrome

Spyder Garage

River Raisin in Monroe Michigan was the dealer we used

Spyder Garage

Exactly what is done for your 3000 mile service other than oil change? I recently bought a new to me 2016 F3 which only has approx 1000 miles, so I still have a bit to go, but was curious.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Nrogers View Post
    Exactly what is done for your 3000 mile service other than oil change? I recently bought a new to me 2016 F3 which only has approx 1000 miles, so I still have a bit to go, but was curious.
    Oil change and tighten the belt until it vibrates the whole bike.

Actually, if your dealer is ethical, there's a bunch of stuff they're supposed to check. From my 2018 RTL manual. Your maintenance should be similar.
    3000 mile service.jpg
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.