Spyder Garage

Default Flags on Spyders

For all of you who have been flying American flags from your Spyders, I am sure there comes a time when it is tattered and worn. That time has come for the flag on my Spyder. I was given this flag by the widow of a very good friend of mine who passed away. It flew for many miles on his bike and she let me have it to continue to fly. I have flown it for 3 years on my old Honda Goldwing trike and now four years on the Spyder. How do you dispose of your American Flags from your Spyders when the become too worn to respectfully fly any more?

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Find a boyscout troop. They usually do 2 burns a year depending on the town and location. The local Moose and Ushers called me around Memorial Day and around October. I was a scout and troop master till both my boys graduated and earned eagle. They’d supply all the town and surrounding areas old flags and they’d have the gun ceremony, they’d start the fire and then we’d take care of the rest.

Spyder Garage

The American Legion will properly, and honorably, dispose of it for you. Find an American Legion hall in your area.

Spyder Garage

Another good one rocinate54. I believe they did also supply flags for us. Any of the three for sure will take them.

Spyder Garage

U.S. Code Title 4. FLAG AND SEAL, SEAT OF GOVERNMENT, AND THE STATES Chapter 1. THE FLAG Section 8. Respect for flag

(k)The flag, when it is in such condition that it is no longer a fitting emblem for display, should be destroyed in a dignified way, preferably by burning.

As long as it is done respectfully and in a dignified manner, anyone can properly dispose of a tattered US flag.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

Call your local American Legion Post or VFW. If they cannot do it, they will know who can. The local American Legion Post here sponsors a Boy Scout Troop and the Boy Scouts have flag retirement events.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

All good info in the above post https://www.wikihow.com/Dispose-of-a...-American-Flag Best to give it to a group that will dispose of it properly.
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

A prominent flag retail store where I purchase the one for our home gladly takes the tattered ones and ensures they are respectfully burned.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Thank you all for your prompt and helpful Reponses. I didn't know about the flag store idea. I have Boy Scouts, VFW, and American Legion available to me.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I burned mine myself. Put it in an open container with some gasoline to make sure it burned completely.

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)