Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: K& N filters

Spyder Garage

Question K& N filters

Hi all as anyone fitted K&N airfilters to both sides of Ryker ie CVT / engine more air to both must be better but would the CVT be ok if the oiled K& N was fitted or is it mineable regards Nico 75

Spyder Garage

Pretty sure you wont have a problem using them for either the engine or cvt. If oil coming off these filters were a problem then every one using them would have gummed up throttle bodies, and thats not happening. But I’ll let you know in a week or so when mine get here. I’ve run k&n on almost every vehicle I own and never had an issue, and I’ve had a quarter mile dirt driveway for the last five years!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DanWill View Post
    Pretty sure you wont have a problem using them for either the engine or cvt. If oil coming off these filters were a problem then every one using them would have gummed up throttle bodies, and thats not happening. But I’ll let you know in a week or so when mine get here. I’ve run k&n on almost every vehicle I own and never had an issue, and I’ve had a quarter mile dirt driveway for the last five years!
    …. and I'm sure if K&N makes the filter - - It has been tested …..jmho ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    …. and I'm sure if K&N makes the filter - - It has been tested …..jmho ….. Mike
    I agree also. A MAF sensor is much more contaminant intolerant than a CVT belt. And K&N filters run fine with these air intake sensors. I think you will also gain air flow which an owner has already had issues with lack of cooling due to clogged paper air filter on his CVT. It is very difficult to clog a K&N air filter. And they do flow more air than a comparable paper filter.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    I agree also. A MAF sensor is much more contaminant intolerant than a CVT belt. And K&N filters run fine with these air intake sensors. I think you will also gain air flow which an owner has already had issues with lack of cooling due to clogged paper air filter on his CVT. It is very difficult to clog a K&N air filter. And they do flow more air than a comparable paper filter.
    If " cooling " the CVT belt is an issue …. I would seriously look at the small computer fans that are available ….. I would love to have a Ryker to performance Mod , but sadly that's not the case for me .....…...… Mike

Spyder Garage

HEADS UP! Whichever type of filter you are using.. harvest season is coming up. If you've seen the clouds of soy bean crop remains blowing across the roads you know what I mean. INCREASE YOUR FILTER CLEANING FREQUENCY!

Spyder Garage

The CVT filter must go through tons more air than the engine filter. It gets dirty much quicker. I am tempted to get K&N for CVT filter since its reusable.

Spyder Garage

How is the cooling air moved through the CVT filter? Is it just a ram-air effect or is there a fan?
    2019 Ryler Rally , Shock Yellow

Spyder Garage

Hi Tslepebull by impeller regards Nico 75

Spyder Garage

Just ordered a K&N for CVT filter.

Spyder Garage

Well done Ryker USA it's got to be more efficient still waiting for my 2 regards Nico 75

Spyder Garage

Thank you sir. It was installed last night. I'm going to have a very cool CVD belt from now on

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RykerUSA View Post
    Thank you sir. It was installed last night. I'm going to have a very cool CVD belt from now on
    Has the K&N filter worked out well for you?I have one for each side arriving tomorrow.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pantera View Post
    Has the K&N filter worked out well for you?I have one for each side arriving tomorrow.
    They work very well. Just need to clean the CVT side frequently. Gets dirty a lot faster than air side.
    Spyder F3-S Special Series my traveling ride
    Ryker Rally modified for dual sport duty
    Honda Grom heavily modified for dual sport duty
    Ducati Scrambler Icon Dark my other traveling ride

Spyder Garage

Main benefits are improved air flow AND they're less bothered by high humidity. Wet paper filters are next best thing to useless.

DO pick up a K&N maintenance kit while you're at it. Cleaner and oil, and frequency can be adjusted to match your area and driving habits. I spray mine fairly wet, then light pressure with an air gun and let them drip out overnight. Don't blast them with high pressure or use a stiff brush, as that can open up the weave and let dirt thru.
    Half a million miles, and I ain't dead yet.

See my album at https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...p?albumid=5190

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Just installed one on each side.Bike is at 1100 miles.Did notice the CVT side looked dirtier than the intake side.

Spyder Garage

Just installed one on each side.Bike is at 1100 miles.Did notice the CVT side looked dirtier than the intake side.
    I changed out both air filters on my Ryker Rally to the K&N. Mainly because at 3,000 miles. The CVT side was very dirty! The air cooling fan must really pull in a lot of volume. Makes sense. The belt life will be much shorter if the CVT gets overheated. The engine side air filter was just about like new. Didn't need to change it at 3,000 miles. But since I planed to change it out eventually, I just did them both.

Not only does the K&N flow about 50% more air than the OEM paper filter, (I think very important on the CVT side). The K&N will flow more air dirty, than the paper filter will flow clean. Paper filter air flow falls off fairly quickly as they get dirty. Not so with the K&N.
    Last edited by BajaRon; 07-09-2021 at 06:25 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Are they the same number on both side? Where did you ordered them and what is the part number?
    Thanx

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Construction tech View Post
    Are they the same number on both side? Where did you ordered them and what is the part number?
    Thanx
    Yes, the part number is the same on both sides.I ordered them from Amazon.The part number is CM-9910

Spyder Garage

I have a set coming tomorrow for the wife's 600. I have them on everything that takes an air filter.
    2020 600 ACE , Black/Red

Spyder Garage

Yes, the part number is the same on both sides.I ordered them from Amazon.The part number is CM-9910
    I sell the set of (2) for $37.50 each ($75.00 total) Free shipping. I sell (1) CM-9910 K&N Air Filter for $39.50 delivered. I think they are more expensive on Amazon.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    I sell the set of (2) for $37.50 each ($75.00 total) Free shipping. I sell (1) CM-9910 K&N Air Filter for $39.50 delivered. I think they are more expensive on Amazon.
    Could you post a link please? Thanks!

Very Active Member CopperSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RickD View Post
    Could you post a link please? Thanks!
    Link to rons product page that is listed on the home page here https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...rs-amp-Helmets
    Rons E-mail address if you want to ask something or order fyredad@hotmail.com
    Rons Phone #423-552-3720
    My Spyder
    2012 RTL , Brown

Spyder Garage

Is there any performance increase, with these filters? Or any sound difference?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I do not think you are going to notice a performance increase and you will not notice any additional noise.You will have two air filters that are cleanable and should last the life of the bike.And you will have peace of mind knowing you are flowing a decent amount of air to the CVT