Spyder Garage

Default How to use the Cross-Country saddlebags?

Hi all,

I have a 2015 F3S which I bought used, and it came with the Can-Am Cross-Country saddlebags. ( <-- This link says "2016 and up", but mine is a 2015. )

Inside each of the bags, there's a little rotary handle to release the bag from its bracket. But I've tried turning the handle a quarter turn and it didn't do anything (and, of course, I fiddled with it enough that now I don't know if I left it in "locked" or "fall out at next pothole" position). I didn't find any instructions online, apart from a little Can-Am promo vid where the handle works so quickly that you can't see much.

What effect am I supposed to see when I twist the handle? What parts are supposed to move? Are there instructions or better videos somewhere?

Thanks.

Spyder Garage

The large lever inside the bags move a locking lever on the back of the bags sliding it into a channel mounted in front of the bag.
    In the pictures of the back you can see a hole in the sliding bar - the one close to the rear is the open (unlocked), and the one further out is the locked position. this corresponds to the inside lever as the wheel finger lever on the bottom will be close to the back of the bag will be open (unlocked).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2021 Sea To Sky, 2020 RTL

Isn't it weird that in AMERICA our flag and our culture offend so many people......
    but our benefits don't?
    2015 F3S , White & Blue

Spyder Garage

Thank you! It worked!

And I found out that the bag I hadn't fiddled with had been unlocked all along. It's lucky there's a safety catch on the top pegs.