Spyder Garage

Default Which airhawk for Passenger 2017 RT limited?

I have done some searching. I can only find one person that has answered which Airhawk for the “passenger” on the Limited. I know the driver is Airhawk R ( large). I have read only once that the same airhawk R large is also used for the passenger. I have the drivers backrest. It was not stated if that person used the backrest or not. Is the airhawk R large the correct cushion for the passenger while using the drivers backrest installed. I also have the comfort seat. Taking a long cruise and want to have a back up for the wife.

Spyder Garage

My wife uses an AirHawk2 Medium on our 2015. I believe seats are the same.
    2015 an Am Spyder RT Limited
    2013 Yamaha WR250R - Sold
    2011 Can Am Spyder RT-S SE5 Limited - Sold
    2011 Aspen Sentry Trailer
    2003 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2007 Unigo Trailer - Sold
    2001 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2001 Honda 750 NightHawk - sold
    2015 RT Ltd , Canamspyderaccessories Brake pedal ext. Red

Spyder Garage

I found this picture but can’t tell the size of the passenger. Medium does make sense. Can’t tell from the picture though.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

I was looking on a couple of sites and then I looked on airhawk's site itself. Are you sure BMWLARRY it is the medium Airhawk2 for your wifes passenger seat? The reason I am asking is the medium airhawk2 is the same size as the large airhawk R which is what I was thinking originally for her. 14" x 14". When you said medium I was thinking it would be 14 wide and maybe 11-12 deep. That is the small size 12"x12". If your wife uses the airhawk2 medium on the back passenger seat then I will get the airhawk R large so it wraps around the backrest a bit better.

Looking at the picture above I found earlier must be a large one then. The width on the front seat and back look about the same. I didn't realize the R was large 14x14 and small 11 x 11. The airhawk2 is 14x14 for the medium and 11 x 11 fro the small. So the airhawkR large is the same as the airhawk2 accept the front nose.

Spyder Garage

Wmoater, I could take a pic if you want. I replied to your PM. The one she has is the old model airhawk2 that is longer. It does not have the notch on the front shown in the pic. There is plenty on cushion to cover the sides. I think a large would be too big on the back seat.
    2003 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2001 BMW K1200LT - Sold

Spyder Garage

I would agree but the web site says the medium airhawk2 is 14x14. The airhawkR large is also 14x14. Can you take your Airhawk R and put it in the back. Does it fit? If you don’t have an R can someone please take their Airhawk R (large) and put it on the back of the RT seat (passenger) and see if it fits. Either the website has wrong measurements or I am missing something here. It should fit by my calculations.

Sorry just read your PM. I replied after this post

Spyder Garage

I just put my AirHawk R (large) on my passenger seat and the cut out wraps around the base of the Ultimate back rest without any issues at all on my 14 rts.
    2014 , yes Pearl White

Spyder Garage

Winmoater, here is the Airhawk R. It is a Cruiser-R. size on the box 15.5x14x2. Hope this helps
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2003 BMW K1200LT - Sold
    2001 BMW K1200LT - Sold

SpyderLovers Sponsor Motorcycledave's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Give my motorcycle Dave's Medical grade seat gel a try
    works better and costs less.
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Wmoater View Post
    I have done some searching. I can only find one person that has answered which Airhawk for the “passenger” on the Limited. I know the driver is Airhawk R ( large). I have read only once that the same airhawk R large is also used for the passenger. I have the drivers backrest. It was not stated if that person used the backrest or not. Is the airhawk R large the correct cushion for the passenger while using the drivers backrest installed. I also have the comfort seat. Taking a long cruise and want to have a back up for the wife.

Spyder Garage

I purchased 2 Airhawk R (Large). I can “CONFIRM officially” that the large airhawkR fits perfectly on the (Passenger) RT comfort seat. ( Thanks BMWLARRY) I had to much air in the bladder at first, but after I had my wife sit on it and release air as instructed in the video it was perfect. “She loves it.” I also notice a big difference too on the drivers seat. We put 6 hours on the bike Saturday and really enjoyed it. It was fine with the standard comfort seat but I must say the Airhawk definitely makes a huge difference. Looking forward to a longer cruise now. Next a sheepskin pad overtop. Just wanted to report that the Airhawk R (Large) does fit on the passenger RT seat perfectly since I had a really hard time finding it on the web incase anyone else has the same question.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Have you emailed them via their website enquiry. I was away on a trip with a mixture of Spyders and Harleys and one of Harley riders had an Airhawk and he sold me on the idea. I grabbed my smart phone, googled them and sent an enquiry about what modelIO should choose. By the time I got out of the shower for the evening gathering I had the reply, and ordered it that night. Great piece of kit
    2017 RTL , White