Spyder Garage

Default UClear AMP series Bluetooth Headset

SOLD

UClear AMP series Bluetooth Headset
    Model - HBC100 Plus
    Single unit for solo riders
    Bluetooth for hands-free phone and GPS or bluetooth audio
    Pairs with UClear and other poplular brands of headsets for rider-to-passenger or rider-to-rider communications

$75.00 including shipping within continental US.

NO BOOM MIKE!!
    Headset includes mike in the ear piece - perfect for modular or full face helmets

Includes:

Headset/Microphone Unit
    Control Unit
    Charging/Data cable
    Mounting hardware

PAYPAL or ??

PM if interested
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bike-O-Din; 09-13-2019 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Update
    2011 RT-S , Silver

Spyder Garage

How dose the mike work, being set up on the speaker???
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

The mic works surprisingly well. Even though it's back next to your ear it seems to pick up everything. I used it for about a year-and-a-half and never had any complaints from my wife being able to hear. It is not the greatest system for high grade music playback, but we only wanted it so that we can communicate while we were riding. And for that purpose and they work just great!
    2011 RT-S , Silver

Spyder Garage

Oops! I thought I was responding about the dual unit. I didn't use the mic very much on this one, as I just purchased it so that I could have the ability to hear the GPS directions while I was riding solo on my Honda. I wear a modular helmet and I just can't tolerate having that boom mic stick it in my face all the time. This solved that problem and still gave me the ability to hear the GPS. Sound was good and clear and I never had any issues with pairing or getting it to work with the two different GPS.
    2011 RT-S , Silver

Spyder Garage

So you never used it on a open face helmet, to see if the wind made a difference?
    2012 RTL , Pearl

Spyder Garage

I have! The wind doesn't make any difference on my 'as designed' Bell open face helmet. When answering the phone, I invariably hafta tell the callers that I AM on the Spyder cos they simply don't realise.

BUT, after a friend had issues with hearing his UClear while wearing an Evoline Modular, I tried the same UClear I mentioned above swapped onto an Evo-3 Modular helmet - and Boy! Those things are NOISY with the wind!! Travelling at anything over about 50mph/80kph made the wind noise so intrusive that the UClear simply wasn't hearable on the Evo User end - but the other end was still pretty good at picking up voice & just voice!! Callers could hear me fine, but they were 'instantly aware' that I was on the Spyder when I had the UClear on the Evo modular, regardless of where the screen &/or chin-bar was! I just couldn't hear them unless I slowed down! So I gave the Evo helmet back. Go figure?!
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

Correct. But further research on UClear's site suggests that it is best on a modular or full face helmet. Makes sense to me, so I updated the description to reflect this. But..... I have ridden short distances (not at highway speeds) with the modular unit open, and the system still worked just fine. I have a SHOEI Neotec helmet if that makes a difference based on Peter's response.

Music is OK, but not as great as they would lead you to believe on UClear's site. I don't listen to music anyway when riding, but I tried it just to see. At speed, the fidelity is so reduced as to make it not worth my time to listen.
    2011 RT-S , Silver

Spyder Garage

I do think it's the Evoline that's the issue! I've used other modular helmets without issue, but those Evo's are just really 'wind noisy' at speed.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!