15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Paint

3 20.00%
  • Wrap

12 80.00%

Thread: Paint or Wrap?

Spyder Garage

Default Paint or Wrap?

Looking for options for making my Ryker more colorful (and visable).

The stock color options don't work for me and paying $300 to get two painted pieces of plastic seems crazy.

So, should I go wrap or paint? Looking at just a solid color, like Sublime Green.

Thanks!

Spyder Garage

Hi senorgrand. Go wrap but look for a good one whose work you can see ( if you don't like it peel it off ) he can offer in up to bike to see what it will look like regards Nico 75

Spyder Garage

I agree with Nico. I used Plasti Dip on mine so that I can peel it off if I don't like it. If I do decide I like it, I can permanently paint it. I Dipped a few parts that I did not like and just peeled them off and tried a different pattern. Now I am listening to feed back from what others think of it before I do any more. Wrap is more expensive, but you get the same option, to peel it off if you don't like it or if you tire of it. AND I believe you have a lot more options with wrap. They even have a chrome wrap.

Spyder Garage

Wrap it! You can change the color every time you feel like it in your driveway basically.
    No over spray, no headaches... and all the mess that comes with painting. All you need is a heat gun.

Spyder Garage

Thanks all!

Spyder Garage

Wrap is very good these days. Paint is much more permanent...so a pain if you want to change things out.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Default Here's the thing..

You can get a custom wrap though there are many to choose from. The advantage is that you can remove the wrap as you can with the plasti-dip paints and no harm done. Many potencial buyers in the future may not like the choices you make but this way you can give them a blank slate to work with even if you just tell them they can remove it....
    Gene and Ilana De Laney
    Mt. Helix, California

​2012 RS sm5
    2012 RS sm5 , 998cc V-Twin 106hp DIY brake and park brake Classic Black

Spyder Garage

I am currently doing a DIY winter camo job on my wife's Ryker 900. Just did the engine hood and working on the side panels, I will post some pictures once I get more done.