Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wildrice View Post
    I have the Stage 2 upgrade on a 2015 F3's. I initially tried the Cat Delete from one vendor with poor low end torque on the stock ECU. After the Stage 2 upgrade many had stated their performance was great. It's been very hot mid 90's degrees thus it may not be totally fair, But my 2015 F3's has better torque off the line with the Cat installed. BTW I've read several people state the Cat weighs 30 lbs. Mine weighs 17 lbs.
    The absolute worst part of the Cat Delete is the noise on the freeway at 75-80 mph. I could not tolerate a long drive with this obnoxious blaring in my right ear. Couldn't even hear my audio system. I have the Chrome Akrapovic Straight Shot Muffler .

On the positive side I had 2 different style spring hooks--the wire based spring hook from Doc at Roadster Restorations is the Best. The straight bar hook is not good for the two harder to reach springs. Also a suggestion from "ZUMI" to tie a strap to the spring hook & use the leg for strength in stretching the spring was Excellent.
    I ran this Cat delete pipe without any baffle. Now I have my 2nd Cat Delete pipe up for sale for $165 including shipping to 48 states. This Cat delete pipe has 50 miles on it-thus almost new & comes with the bar type spring hook & a baffle that has two opening options.
    PM sent Sunday re: cat delete pipe.
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    I was wondering about droning sounds. I see that to OP is using a Akra exhaust. I was/am considering the cat delete with my OEM muffler. Can you share details with your cat delete pipe thru a PM ? Thx
    Msg's sent to you PM. Darrell
    2015 F3's , two 12 volt power outlets Orange & Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 308gunner View Post
    How does it run?..with the cat back on with the stage II and the straight shot pipe?...as in take off?
    With the Cat back on---It's back to a fishtailing take off. wanna save your rear tire--install the cat delete pipe---so many have claimed positive results--not me. I remember buying a Screamin Eagle Harley where the previous own gutted out the baffles. It would not run below 45 mph in high gear. Replaced with new mufflers & it would accelerate--Slowly from 25 mph in high without any motor hiccups. It all depends on the motor's needs, I had a turbo Hayabusa that I could take off from the stop light in 6th gear--revving & sliding the clutch some. It was geared for 220 mph. Maybe something is different besides the 1330 engine on the 2015 F3's .?? But I feel it's unlikely.

Spyder Garage

For me Stage 1 with RLS cat delete best peforming combo. With Stage 1 and cat in place the low end torque was suffering. I hated the smell of fumes so i put back the cat. But was missing the sound and power so I put the cat delete back on but removed the baffle and i find it has improved the smell but it's still there.
    2015 Canam Spyder F3-S SE6
    Detachable Passenger backrest #219400703
    Gauge Spoiler #219400531
    Blue Ridge Windshield #219400746
    Hood stripes decal kit #219400711
    F3 Idler Pulley #219800431 / Lamonster roller upgrade
    Bajaron SwayBar
    Elka Stage 2 rear shock
    Arc LED fog lights
    Lamonster F3 bar clamp with Quad-lock phone mount
    Foam Hand Grip Covers
    Tufskinz Peel & Stick Tank Protector Pad (Glossy doomed carbon)

Spyder Garage

Unbelievable the different results from the similar setup....... Also on the fumes--something may be wrong or a extremely sensitive nose. I never smelled any difference while idling & above 20 mph the Spyder would be out of range before the exhaust emitted. Maybe my nose has gone the direction of my eyesight Darrell

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Wildrice View Post
    Unbelievable the different results from the similar setup....... Also on the fumes--something may be wrong or a extremely sensitive nose. I never smelled any difference while idling & above 20 mph the Spyder would be out of range before the exhaust emitted. Maybe my nose has gone the direction of my eyesight Darrell
    Are you running lamonster cat delete or RLS there is a big difference.As for the smell i checked that there is no leaks on the joints and as soon as i put the cat back smell is gone. Some people love the smell and may not notice its there or you may have a good full face helmet.
    2015 Canam Spyder F3-S SE6
    Detachable Passenger backrest #219400703
    Gauge Spoiler #219400531
    Blue Ridge Windshield #219400746
    Hood stripes decal kit #219400711
    F3 Idler Pulley #219800431 / Lamonster roller upgrade
    Bajaron SwayBar
    Elka Stage 2 rear shock
    Arc LED fog lights
    Lamonster F3 bar clamp with Quad-lock phone mount
    Foam Hand Grip Covers
    Tufskinz Peel & Stick Tank Protector Pad (Glossy doomed carbon)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by donhy View Post
    Are you running lamonster cat delete or RLS there is a big difference.As for the smell i checked that there is no leaks on the joints and as soon as i put the cat back smell is gone. Some people love the smell and may not notice its there or you may have a good full face helmet.
    The resonator on the RLS makes a big difference..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by troop View Post
    This is true per Federal emissions law. If you live in an area that does annual emissions testing, easy enough to swap around.
    It is the law, however, as jcthorne points out, nobody tests and thus you can't get caught. So, go ahead and cheat. And why not? We're Americans, we cheat on politics, taxes, welfare, you name it. We don't fix stupid laws, we just disregard them. We don't enforce ANYTHING anymore even if it does make sense. I mean heck, we have someone whose name and icon make him/her appear to be a Wisconsin State Trooper, and he/she acknowledges the law and actually advises you how easy it is to "swap around" so you don't get caught while breaking that law. How much more legal and ethical can you get than having a law enforcement officer advising you how to evade the law? Say, I'm a few dollars short this month -- does anybody have any handy tips about how to avoid getting caught for armed robbery? Maybe I should check out the banks in Wisconsin ...

So what the heck, go ahead take off your cat. Then go wave the flag like a true patriotic American.
    2017 RTS , Blue

Spyder Garage

True enough, WSP retired. That said, yup, I tend to violate federal emission laws by changing the majority of my m/c exhausts. Like everything in life, you take chances on a motorcycle, whether it's wearing a helmet/exceeding the speed limit/modifying exhausts-ECU's-Power Commanders/etc. If I get caught, I pay the price. If I ride down the road on my BRP product, do I wave the U.S. flag, or the Canadian flag ? But, I don't plan on robbing any banks. Heck, you'd get caught in Wisconsin
    2022 RT Seat To Sky , Mystery Blue

Spyder Garage

Im running CAT Delete pipe with no baffle and stock silencer I have no drone at any speeds, I average 65 mph Daily and on the freeway running 80 I get more wind noise than exhaust, and as far as listing to the stereo well that's another topic all together with the 2018 new BRP connect system.. to me the most disappointing thing about my Spyder, the speaker popping and crackling is ridiculous!
    Im wanting to get the two brothers silencer.
    2018 F3 Limited , Stock Doc Humphrys Intense Red

Spyder Garage

I had Monster do their stage 2 tune and I ran it for 300-500 miles before doing a cat delete. I don’t have a baffle installed in my Lamonster cat delete and took it out for the first time today. All I can say is WOOOW!! The machine has come alive! It’s a little loud, but the extra noise is well worth it to me! I can hear music just fine using in-helmet speakers and Cardo system.

Spyder Garage

My 2018 F3-T has the catalytic converter removed and runs a Akrapovic exhaust. I have removed one of the two baffles. Definitely louder and deeper than stock. My wife follows me with her 2019 RT limited and says it is definitely louder than stock but not objectionable because of the deeper tone. I have not noticed any low end torque losses. The Spyder gets up and runs, easily hitting 80 or more on an on-ramp when I feel “the need for speed.” I plan to remove the catalytic converter on my wife’s RT but will keep the noise down by putting the baffle in the replacement pipe, which comes uninstalled with the replacement pipes I have checked out so far.

Missouri requires safety inspections after the bikes are over 5 years old but no emission checks on any vehicles.

Spyder Garage

Was it one of my Cat deletes? I'm known for making the Quietest cat delete option. With a built in Resonator rlsexhaust.com

Spyder Garage

The resonator really matter's if you want it to have a deeper tone and your not wanting to be really loud .
    The smell and fumes from some cat deletes are due to them not having enough back pressure to burn all the fuel in the cylinder before the exhaust valve opens letting that un -burnt fuel to pass right out the exhaust pipe.
    Those fume them tumble right back on you then you show up at the restaurant spelling like a gas station .
    With The RLS Exhaust Cat delete you actually receive a baffle in the box that is similar to a catalytic converter it is a substrate baffle . similar to the oem but the RLS Exhaust cat delete flows better and if you are using stock tuning i recommend the substrate baffle when using a ECU flash in most cases you need more flow and i would not use the substrate baffle the resonator baffle is adequate .https://rls-exhaust.myshopify.com/se...2&q=cat+delete

Spyder Garage

Straight pipes are the devil. I cant see how you are blaming a NOISE factor on the Cat Removal when you are running a straight pipe, you need to add a torque cone or some other type of back pressure device on most modern metric machines, even when I ran "straight" pipes on the Vulcan 1500, I had internal mufflers welded into the "Straight pipes" to add torque. And as far as saving the air for the kids, keeping a well tuned engine is the key to good emissions whether you have a CAT in place or not. I always watch for water in the exhaust, if I am getting a good amount of exhaust created water on the machine, I know my tuning is good. When I had all stock systems in place on the Can Am, no water drip from the exhaust. Now that I have it tuned, mapped, and tweeked to my standards, I am getting moisture in the exhaust, AND much better mileage. The restrictions of CATs on a motor can be very detrimental, especially if your tuning goes south. Thats just my opinion.
    Kraig B. Kumlin, M.M., M.C.P. (Retired)

Only Two States Left to Visit on MC or Trike, RI and CT
    2012 RS-S , Baja Ron Plug Wire Kit and NGK Iridium Plugs Grey and Black

Spyder Garage

On the RLS cat delete, where does the substrate baffle install?? The intake and outlet on the cat delete are larger diameter and it appears the item will fall into the resonator??

Spyder Garage

Here is some thing for you all to read
    https://www.carthrottle.com/post/wg3b6r9/

Spyder Garage

I changed the exhaust, intake and fuel/air controller for more sound on the 2006 Harley Road King I used to own. Then I grew up.
    John F.
    Tallahassee, FL

2015 Spyder F3 SE6, black
    BRP Driver/passenger Footboards
    BRP Adjustable Passenger Backrest
    Blue Ridge Windshield
    MRA X-Creen Tour, clear, clamp-on
    H4 LED Headlights
    F3 LED Fog Light Kit, LED Amber Halo Ring Kit, LED Tail Lights, F3 Rear run/brake/turn LEDs
    Easy Brackets
    Leatherworks, Inc. 120 Special Slight Angle Saddlebags
    Custom Dynamics Front Mud Flap LED lights, Street Magic Front Fender Tips, Double Feature Lens
    2-up rear shock
    Idler pulley kit

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by deer30084 View Post
    I changed the exhaust, intake and fuel/air controller for more sound on the 2006 Harley Road King I used to own. Then I grew up.
    I might get older, but I have no intention of ever growing up.
    2019 F3-S , Black & Silver

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wifesspyder View Post
    On the RLS cat delete, where does the substrate baffle install?? The intake and outlet on the cat delete are larger diameter and it appears the item will fall into the resonator??
    Ricky, owner/mfger of RLS told me to drill and tap a 1/4-20 hole into the inlet end and use a 1/4-20 bolt to put pressure on the baffle to hold it in position. I also put a nut on the outside to lock the bolt in position.
    2015 RTS SE6 Special Series Red/Black w/Magnesium front fenders(bought in Nov. 2018 w/9,400 miles)
    Dynojet Power Commander V, Power Commander POD-300 Display, PCV Map Switch, Pedal Commander (WOW)
    Passenger Arm Rests, Windshield Air Wing
    Baja Ron's Sway Bar & Spring Adjusters
    Air Scoops, LaMonster's Hiway Pegs
    Magnetic Mirror Mounts, Air Innovations Seat Cushion
    Red Chrome pin striping on Black hood
    Federal Formoza AZ01 front tires (they're GREAT)
    Kumho Ecsta AST KU25 All-Season Tire - 225/50R15 91H
    LED bars above radiator inlets
    LED brake/running/turn signals on license plate frame
    Tag-Along trailer
    LED headlights LED fog lights (WOW)
    2" x 2" Road Lights inside front fenders
    7' x 10' Cargo trailer
    Garmin 396 LM GPS
    RLS Cat-delete resonator with China Akropovic muffler
    New Banshee AGM
    M3 TPMS on front tires
    Remote Control for Heated Jacket and Heated Riding Pants
    Analog Clock and Analog Volt Meter
    Loose Nut Behind Handlebars
    2015 RT-S Special Series , Stock Spark Plugs Brake Pedal Extension Cherry Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by deer30084 View Post
    Then I grew up.
    How boring.....I'm sorry that happened to you.

I very much enjoy wrenching and modifying my vehicles and hope I NEVER grow (up) out of doing that.
    2012 RT A&C SE5
    2015 Victory Cross Country (Dyno tuned 118hp 116tq)
    2006 Triumph Rocket Dyno tuned 140hp 154tq)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gom View Post
    Here is some thing for you all to read
    https://www.carthrottle.com/post/wg3b6r9/
    Plus one on that!! Everytime I read that the 1330 needs "backpressure" for low end torque I question the origin of this... I pulled apart a stock cat and trust me, there is little to no restriction inside. The muffler is more restrictive. (I've measured both with a digital manometer under WOT) You'd be better off removing the muffler and putting a tip on the cat. The change that people are feeling from removing the cat is bad pulse tuning.
    2015 F3 SM6
    Windscreen, bags, backrest, cowl, BajaRon anti-sway bar
    Two Bros exhaust

Spyder Garage

Terrific--it's kicks the tail end out fish tailing :-)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by johnsimion View Post
    Say, I'm a few dollars short this month -- does anybody have any handy tips about how to avoid getting caught for armed robbery?
    Wear a mask! Or go into politics.
    '20 Spyder RT: Bajaron swaybar. Vredestein tires, Pedal Commander, Elka front shocks, GPS/USB/12V handlebar mount, Heli-Bars, Radar Detector, KOTT grills & vents, Shad top case, chin & DRL LEDs.
    2020 RT base , Chalk White