Thread: 2020 RT and F3

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default 2020 RT and F3

Just did a quick on line review of the RT and F3, seems the storage capacity has changed from 41 gal to 36+, that makes no sense, but it is what it is. Makes the 2018 and 19 a better buy. Just my opinion of course.

Spyder Garage

Your right that doesn't make sense bc in the videos I saw they said that storage was increased and they showed that the trunk could hold two full face helmets.I know the trunk on my 17 rtl cant hold helmets.Also the frunk uses the same roll away luggage as the older models so its at least as big.Im not sure about the f3 as I dont have one.
    :
    : 2017 RTL ORBITAL BLUE

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

I am thinking that the side cases on the RT series are not as big for 2020. On my 2014, you could fit an XL helmet in one side. Doesn't look like you can do that anymore. But they do still look larger than the ones on my F3T.
    2021 RTL , brake pedal from "Web Boards" chalk white

Very Active Member Highwayman2013's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bikerbillone View Post
    Just did a quick on line review of the RT and F3, seems the storage capacity has changed from 41 gal to 36+, that makes no sense, but it is what it is. Makes the 2018 and 19 a better buy. Just my opinion of course.
    The 2020 RT has no trunk and lists as 31 gal. The RT Limited comes with the trunk and is listed at 47 gal capacity.

https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/spyde...t-limited.html
    2016 F3 Limited
    2019 Ryker Rally
    2014 Suzuki V Strom 650
    2020 CSC TT 250
    2016 F 3 Limited , Vegas White

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    I am thinking that the side cases on the RT series are not as big for 2020. On my 2014, you could fit an XL helmet in one side. Doesn't look like you can do that anymore. But they do still look larger than the ones on my F3T.
    Don't know about the F3.
    As to the RT, the storage goes up from 41 gallons to 47 gallons.
    I think the difference is, for 2020, the top case is optional for both the RT and F3.
    Previously, the RT had fixed topcases.
    I like it. I'm trying to talk myself into going for the 2020 RT.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

I have come full circle when it comes to top cases. My last 10 bikes or so (five Spyders included), have all had top cases. Two of the Spyders were add on accessories and the other three included the top case as part of the RT package. On three wheels, The different center of gravity presented no problem. On two wheels, it made a difference balance wise.

Our travel on bikes (spyders now), has always included packing light. In most cases, I have found that a top case is not necessary. PS, we each have our own Spyders.

Since the top case is now a $2K option...that took care of it for me. Not only no, but heck no.

I actually the the look of NO top case...as in Road King or similar. If I make any changes, it will be the NO top case version.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

For me it's not much of an option, and the 2020 might not work anyway. The trunk looks like the one off the F3 models. I wanted an F3, but the wife was not happy with the rear seat. Since the tryke is for her to able to ride with me, she needs to be comfy so it was the RT or nothing.
    2014 RT-S Orange - LED headlights/driving lights, LED under mirror turns, LED brake/run lights along trunk and saddlebags, LED third brake light, LED turn bulb replacements, Magic Mirrors, Voltmeter, Oil PSI gauge, heated gear connection, BRP backrest, dash Mount USB plug, Lamonster belt tensioner, Baja Ron sway bar, NBV highway pegs, BRP arm rests M2 suspension.
    2014 RT-S , Orange

Spyder Garage

Hi Wahrsuul

I also wanted a F3 with top case, however SWMBO (She Who Must Be Obeyed) said the pillion seat was a bit small.

Oh well, back to a RT.

I do like the look of the new 2020 RT, shame there is no shaft drive.

Cheers and beers
    Frank

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I seen that top case at the motorcycle show and always wanted that case on the RT. Plenty of room in it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Highwayman2013 View Post
    The 2020 RT has no trunk and lists as 31 gal. The RT Limited comes with the trunk and is listed at 47 gal capacity.

https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/spyde...t-limited.html
    Thanks for clarification, I did check the link and sure enough, they say 47 gallons. Now that is a game changer right there for a two up long ride, and with the 7 gallon fuel tank, come February I'm taking a good look.