Spyder Garage

Default 2020 Ryker models with increased power

I have noticed 2020 models have increased power and torque. For 900 it is 5HP and 3Nm more than 2019 models. Do you think it is only optimized software and there is a possibility dealers can update 2019 models?
    Last edited by Peter Aawen; 09-12-2019 at 03:19 AM. Reason: Ryker

Spyder Garage

I reckon it's almost certainly only the ECM, but I don't like your chances of getting a dealer to update 2019 models.
    2013 RT Ltd Pearl White

Ryde More, Worry Less!

Spyder Garage

thats the European Version !! - but it has less power till 0-50 miles/hour..
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fixxxer View Post
    I have noticed 2020 models have increased power and torque. For 900 it is 5HP and 3Nm more than 2019 models. Do you think it is only optimized software and there is a possibility dealers can update 2019 models?
    The 2019 models when they first came out was advertised as 77 hp. In the USA it was rated at 82 hp. shortly after being released here. cueman

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fixxxer View Post
    Monster Fuel …. has done AMAZING things with the 998, & 1330 Rotax engines …… I'm quite sure the same will happen with the Ryker engines ….possibly next year ….. jmho …. Mike

Spyder Garage

Correct me if I am mistaken, but the 900 already has more horsepower than the Harley 1450. I may be getting old but 105mph is fast enough to satisfy me. Thank goodness the rear tire can be replaced cheaply with a car tire. Hope to find a cheaper replacement for the front tires by the time I need to replace them. I wonder how the Rally would run if I replaced the front tires with something thinner. Bet it would turn better at lower speeds.