Spyder Garage

Default P0900 Code: Clutch Actuator Wiring

2008GS SE5 (2 of them in our club) are showing this code once in a while. The check engine light comes on and "Check transmission" scrolls. Usually goes away after warmed up. Problem is, I can't find anything in the schematic remotely looking like a clutch actuator. Usually goes away after warmed up. Googling it lead to cheapcycleparts showing a solenoid or actuator for a SM5 in the clutch area.

Both bikes have fresh oil changes, oil right at the full mark. Both shift quickly and seem solidly. They run great otherwise. No limp mode.

I did look at the two shifting solenoids in the service manual. It says one of them is for shifting and the other is for controlling clutch for smooth shifting. Maybe the shifting solenoid is what they are calling the actuator??

Anyone got this code before? What was the problem?

Thanks!!
    Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images

Spyder Garage

Mine is2009 SE5 and started doing the same thing. Going up or down one gear would turn off check engine light. Replaced shift paddle and cured problem. Never had a code come up.

Spyder Garage

Code P0900 as per 2008 GS SE5 "Clutch modulation valve shorted to ground or open circuit"

Possible causes

Damaged clutch modulation valve circuit, damaged circuit wires,
    damaged connector or damaged TCM output pins.

Service actions

Disconnect Clutch modulation solenoid valve
    Disconnect Clutch solenoid valve
    Measure voltage between harness connector 5-GSC-5 and ground. (Expected value: 0 volts)
    Measure voltage between harness connector 5-GSC-4 and ground. (Expected value: 11 to 13 volts)
    Measure resistance between solenoid connector 5-GSC-5 and 5-GSC-4 (Expected value = 1 to 5 ohms)

Based on this and that the problem you are experiencing is intermittent. I would guess that there is a bad connection to the clutch modulation valve. Disconnect the connectors, inspect and clean if necessary.

2018 F3 LIMITED

Spyder Garage

Wow where did you find that information! I was Googling for some time

Spyder Garage

BUDS

A four character answer is too short for board to accept so I will write this extra verbiage just so the board will accept it now.

2018 F3 LIMITED