Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2020 rt

Spyder Garage

I do wish BRP would do a better job of marketing. Their website and video's are flashy but don't really show or get down to the nitty gritty of the bike. Think they ought to give a better tour of the design and changes etc., I understand that this is their way of marketing but people who buy the product and own one already, would love to know the details, see the details, understand the details etc., you can't learn with the video's they have produced. Think they could improve on that for sure.
    2015 RT-Limited SE6-TricLED Fender LED's (Red and Amber), 3rd LED Brake Light/Tail Light, ISCI Handbrake with black small hands handle,Spyderpops Rock Guard. ,Can-Am Adjustable Wing Vents, Bumpskid, Bajaron's Sway-Bar with metal Heim Joints. Elkas Stage 2 Plus., TricLED Wide-VU Mirrors, TricLED Jumper Port, Laser Aligned!

Spyder Garage

I think it looks good and seems to have some great features. Long footboards allow you to move your legs (That's why I ride a F3L), removable trunk that is wide enough to hold two helments, and better electronics control panel. What I really want to know is how big are the saddlebags and the frunk? Are they bigger than the F3 bags because this looks a lot like a modified F3.
    2018 Can Am Spyder F3L, 1995 BMW R1100R, 1988 Suzuki GS250, 2019 Ryker 600 (Wife's)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BryanSD View Post
    BRP has updated their 2020 RT page: https://can-am.brp.com/on-road/model...spyder-rt.html
    Thanks a lot. I looked, I liked, I printed a build it page, I looked at potential dealers.

They even got me with the RT in Petrol (Aqua) color...been waiting for that since about 2013. I like the "clean" look...no top box. Found two accessories...the heated comfort seat and the front auxilliary light. No need for the $2K top box in back. So far...$24K and change.

Remaining....a dealer who is willing to give me a good deal....and I am hard when it comes to that. The looking and make an offer stage to follow.
    Last edited by ARtraveler; 09-11-2019 at 10:09 AM.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Very Active Member IdahoMtnSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Elembytes View Post
    Their website and video's are flashy but don't really show or get down to the nitty gritty of the bike. Think they ought to give a better tour of the design and changes etc.,
    Keep in mind this was the dealer show, not consumer show. They repeatedly said, "Come see us in the showroom!" That's where the dealers will see the details. Consumers just have to wait our turn!

2014 Copper RTS

Tri-Axis bars, CB, BajaRon sway bar & shock adjusters, SpyderPop's Bumpskid, NBV peg brackets, LED headlights and modulator, Wolo trumpet air horns, trailer hitch, custom trailer harness, high mount turn signals, Custom Dynamics brake light, LED turn signal lights on mirrors, LED strip light for a dash light, garage door opener, LED lights in frunk, trunk, and saddlebags, RAM mounts and cradles for tablet (for GPS) and phone (for music), and Smooth Spyder belt tensioner.
    2014 RTS , Copper! (officially Cognac)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob204bc View Post
    I think it looks good and seems to have some great features. Long footboards allow you to move your legs (That's why I ride a F3L), removable trunk that is wide enough to hold two helments, and better electronics control panel. What I really want to know is how big are the saddlebags and the frunk? Are they bigger than the F3 bags because this looks a lot like a modified F3.
    31 gallons without the top box. 47 gallons with the $2K top box option.

Currently Owned: 2019 F3 Limited, 2020 F3 Limited: SOLD BOTH LIMITEDS in October of 2023.

Previously : 2008 GS-SM5 (silver), 2009 RS-SE5 (red), 2010 RT-S Premier Editon #474 (black) 2011 RT A&C SE5 (magnesium) 2014 RTS-SE6 (yellow)

MY FINAL TALLY: 7 Spyders, 15 years, 205,500 miles

IT HAS BEEN A LONG, WONDERFUL, AND FUN RIDE.
    2020 F3L , Magma Red

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    Thanks. I looked it up after i wrote that post. It looks like with both sporting top boxes the new RTL has about 25% more storage than the F3L. . That's a bunch.
    2018 Can Am Spyder F3L, 1995 BMW R1100R, 1988 Suzuki GS250, 2019 Ryker 600 (Wife's)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by AY4B View Post
    The top box is better than the F3 even though it looks the same. LED headlights.
    The hinge improvements carry to the F3 as well. They use the same top case for 2020.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob204bc View Post
    That's because it IS a modified F3. Same chassis with more options added. The new frunk is larger with the radiators moved outward and facing forward. Its just a trim level up from the F3 limited now.

Blue Flame Spyder F3-S
    2015 F3S , Blue Flame

Spyder Garage

I happen to like the F3 trim look, a lot. I always felt that RT and F3 were side by side, just for different stylings. But that seems to have changed. :\ Guess it's a good thing I'm not looking to replace mine.
    2017 F3-L Intense red "Wings"
    Spyderpops Spyclops Light
    Tric LED Headlights and Fog lights
    Madstad Windshield
    Phoenix - Wrap My Spyder
    Lamonster Highway Pegs
    BajaRon Sway Bar
    Rich's Custom Seats
    2017 F3-L , Red/Black

Spyder Garage

A little comparison of the specs......2019 -vs- 2020 Wheelbase is the same (67.5") Overall length, the 2020 is 4" longer. The seat height of the 2020 is 3/4 inch lower. Overall width, the 2020 is 3/4 inch narrower. ...... Jim
    2005 Windveil Blue Premium Mustang Convertible
    2008 Honda GL1800/California Sidecar Trike, SOLD
    2014 Platinum Silver Satin Spyder RTL, SOLD
    Semper Fi

Spyder Garage

Does anyone know if there is more room for the passenger front-to back? My wife and I are on the bigger side, and having some room between us would be really nice. Our 2018 RT LTD is a little cramped.
    When we had our HD, I moved the tour pack back 2 inches (52mm) which allowed some air to pass between us. I wonder if this can now be done on the 2020 RT LTDs?

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Whizwaz View Post
    Does anyone know if there is more room for the passenger front-to back? My wife and I are on the bigger side, and having some room between us would be really nice. Our 2018 RT LTD is a little cramped.
    When we had our HD, I moved the tour pack back 2 inches (52mm) which allowed some air to pass between us. I wonder if this can now be done on the 2020 RT LTDs?
    On BRP's web page ( use link in Rob's thread ) … the RT length is now 4.5 in. longer ….Driver gets 2in. pass. gets 1in …… Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

HHC- Hill Hold Control. Is this something new for the Spyder?

Spyder Garage
    When the going gets tough...Downshift..

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I really like the trunk space. Seen that on the F3 years ago and wised they have it on the RT models at that time.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by billythekidd View Post
    Thanks for those pictures. I really like the red,not a fan of all the black but overall I like the new look.

Happy TRAils/NSD
    Paul

2012 RT L
    AMA 25 years Life Member
    TRA
    PGR
    Rhino Riders Plate #83
    Venturers #78
    TOI

2012 Spyder RT L , Baja Ron Plugs and wires Lava Bronze

Spyder Garage

Like the RT without the topcase, which is why I purchased the the F3T.

This RT without the topcase should make the ST owners happy. It looks similar to the ST, has the same size frunk but with the 1330 engine.
    [B]

2018 Intense Red F3T (See About Me under My Profile for mods)
    2010 Timeless Black RT-622 Trailer
    2014 Timeless Black RTS-SE6, 34,300 Miles, traded May 2019
    2011 Timeless Black RTS-SE5, 15,180 Miles, traded April 2014

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ARtraveler View Post
    How does that compare to the previous RT? We have a 2012. Trying to determine if there is a net gain or loss on storage capacity.
    2012 RT-SE5

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

There was no way you could put two helmets in the previous RT. So it is larger.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CentralCoastCA View Post
    Intriguing.......might be saying bye-bye to my ‘14 RT
    #MeToo
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member eddieshep999's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jcthorne View Post
    The hinge improvements carry to the F3 as well. They use the same top case for 2020.
    Would this retro-fit to the earlier F3T
    Eddie Sheppard
    Poole Dorset UK

Get a Spyder - See the World

Spyder Garage

Hopefully the lights are more effective than my RT. I've got old eyes. Need lots of light.
    2015 RT-S , RED/BLACK

Spyder Garage

The took the RT and merged it with the F3 so now you have an F3 that you sit on and not in. Still is going to be an expensive bike to maintain due to all the plastics that have to be removed. Maybe it will grow on me by the time I get tired of my 2020 F3 Limited due in anytime soon.
    2022 RT Limited , Silver w/ Black and Purple accents