Spyder Garage

Default Anyone do laser alignment in Alabama?

The front end of my 2014 RT-S has started twitching again, as it did when I first bought it in 2014, and the front tires are starting to wear on the inside edge of the tread. I had a laser alignment soon after I bought the bike, but the third party (not a dealer) that performed the alignment is no longer in business.

The Montgomery dealer finally got laser alignment capability in June. I took it there but they claim the alignment is OK and toe-in is on spec. My 5 years in the saddle tell me otherwise, as does research across Spyderlovers. A properly aligned front end should feel planted, and what tire wear occurs should be even across the tread. So I think the dealer's lack of familiarity with the equipment is showing.

So I'm looking for someone in the region experienced with the equipment. Anyone have any ideas? (I called the shop in Birmingham and they said they don't do laser alignment.)

Thanks!

Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Fat Baxter View Post
    The front end of my 2014 RT-S has started twitching again, as it did when I first bought it in 2014, and the front tires are starting to wear on the inside edge of the tread. I had a laser alignment soon after I bought the bike, but the third party (not a dealer) that performed the alignment is no longer in business.

The Montgomery dealer finally got laser alignment capability in June. I took it there but they claim the alignment is OK and toe-in is on spec. My 5 years in the saddle tell me otherwise, as does research across Spyderlovers. A properly aligned front end should feel planted, and what tire wear occurs should be even across the tread. So I think the dealer's lack of familiarity with the equipment is showing.

So I'm looking for someone in the region experienced with the equipment. Anyone have any ideas? (I called the shop in Birmingham and they said they don't do laser alignment.)

Thanks!
    Contact Harvey @ " Spyderpops " …. He is real close to Alabama ….. Mike

Spyder Garage

ISCI does them.
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cptjam View Post
    ISCI does them.
    Nope, not anymore. Jeff did my first alignment shortly after I bought the bike. Later he replaced the rear tire, and later still the fronts. So he was the first guy I called, last Fall for a new rear tire and this Spring for an alignment. He no longer provides these services. In fact, he pointed me towards the local dealer. So that leaves me looking elsewhere.

(BTW, we just traded e-mails, me using my real name.)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BLUEKNIGHT911 View Post
    Contact Harvey @ " Spyderpops " …. He is real close to Alabama ….. Mike
    I did that. Planned a trip up to Hot Springs Arkansas as an excuse. Got Spyderpops to install my Baja Ron sway bar, laser align the bike, and install the missing belt guard. One caution however. Don't bring too much money, his shop is full of those kind of things that in the heat of the moment you just can't leave behind. I was very pleased with his service, very nice folks to deal with.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

Bring it to Florida for the road Warriors rally. I’ll fix it! Joe
    Joe Meyer

Dealer for the Outlaw/ROLO laser Alignment system

Active Member NorthAlabamaSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

The Sport Center in Cullman, AL is suppose to be able to do this.

https://www.sportcentercullman.com

(256) 734-7636
    2019 F3-T and some extra stuff

Spyder Garage

The Sport Center in Cullman is where I bought mine a week ago. I asked if they do alignments. They said no.