Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Very Active Member BLUEKNIGHT911's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    I taught my kids from day one about money. Always told them to save for a rainy day so to speak. I had what I called the "daddy tax". I took half of any money gift they got. When they went to work somewhere while in H.S.. I got half of that also. Put it all into the bank in their name unbeknownst to them. When they got married, the account became their "dowry". They both were stunned at what they were given. They still go by the lessons I taught them. Max out their 401K as their employers give a % also. And my grandson has his own bank account that he is unaware of. Tom
    Small world …. my DAD did Exactly the same thing ………. I wasn't thrilled about that …..until I got married ...then $$$$$$$$$$$ …………...thanks for sharing - brought back memories ……...….....Mike

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue Hawk View Post
    I always wondered about that. How do you trade for goods with gold?

Looking ahead cryptocurrency is one possibility we all may move to when the central banks get their marching orders.Same as we now exchange our gold bar for cash,crypto's become the new store of value.
    2017 F3S Daytona , Circuit Yellow Metalic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by UtahPete View Post
    How do you store it?
    Most bullion dealers have secure vaulting options if your not comfortable with it in your possession.

Spyder Garage

Couple of guys here that don't talk crap about what is really going on with the economy.

https://www.youtube.com/user/GregVegas5909

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Cobwebs View Post
    Most bullion dealers have secure vaulting options if your not comfortable with it in your possession.
    And you trust them?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

And you trust them?
    More than a bank...... yes.
    Totally .....no.

Ideal situation is to be your own central bank,security force and grocer.Not all can manage that so you do what you can.Just being informed goes a long way to diminishing the shock factor when the crap reigns down.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

More than a bank...... yes.
    Totally .....no.

Ideal situation is to be your own central bank,security force and grocer.Not all can manage that so you do what you can.Just being informed goes a long way to diminishing the shock factor when the crap reigns down.
    When is that going to happen, do you think?
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

When is that going to happen, do you think?
    It's already started (actually started 10 years ago when the money printing kicked in big time) any number of events could trigger the avalanche.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's already started (actually started 10 years ago when the money printing kicked in big time) any number of events could trigger the avalanche.
    What I've learned about successful investing is that timing market turns accurately is important. A lot of people I know got hurt pretty badly in the market scare of 2001-2.
    2014 RTL Platinum

Spyder Garage

What I've learned about successful investing is that timing the market turns accurately is pretty important. A lot of people I know got hurt pretty badly in the market scare of 2001-2.
    Used to be hang in there and don't panic sell and within a few years your losses would be made back.I'm not feeling that this time.The market should have been left to do its thing in 2008's collapse instead of the print phony money scam that has bought time and reinflated the bubble even bigger to the benefit of banks and corporations at the expense of the citizens.
    The whole system is rigged and not based on fundamentals anymore so just a form of gambling as far as I can see.May as well spend your money on wine women/men and Spyders and waste the rest.

Physical gold and silver have been a store of wealth for hundreds of years and are way undervalued even with the recent gains. A great insurance policy if you've lost faith with the not enough inflation bull**** yet no one can afford a house or a steak anymore .